putting the fire back in the storm

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
scottyscott

putting the fire back in the storm

Post by scottyscott »

HI , i gotta 1997 firestorm which is need of a re vamp . Mechanically she is sweet but she has had one to many touch ups on the paintwork and now is in many shades of yellow !!
im going to have a repsol paint job done but i need some decent size fairings to fit ( like the superhawk ) . Can anyone help me with sourcing such items or does anyone know if alternative fairings fit perhaps with a bit of work ?
Also any other tips would be very much appreciated .
marlbororman

Re: putting the fire back in the storm

Post by marlbororman »

im half way through a repsol job so please dont say i copied ya lol :lol: :lol: mine should be done and back on the road a a week or so :biggrin :biggrin
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

A mate just fitted a cheap E-bay set of fairings to his Gixxer, and was surprised to find they fitted perfectly, no drilling, filing, moving brackets or anything.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
scottyscott

Post by scottyscott »

hi , are you saying that gixer fairings fit a storm ,or he got some gixer fairings for his gixer !!
cheers
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Ah, yes, clarity needed...... :oops:
He has a Gixxer, and bought gixxer fairings.
It's just that fairing sets from abroad have been notoriously ill-fitting, and it's good to report that in some cases, at least, this doesn't seem to be the case any more.

As far as Gixxers go, anyway; can't comment on Storm ones.
Last edited by tony.mon on Thu May 06, 2010 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

the only ones ive seen go on the sp1 & 2 and you would need to do a twin headlight conversion to get them to fit.
i'm sure i saw a gallery image somewhere with a cbr600rr fairing on a storm, and another with a vfr fairing.
you can make anything fit if you are willing to put the hours in bracketting and cutting, maybe mounting the rads on front or cutting the side panels.

whos that italian guy who makes fairings for the storm - minds blank atm lol

have a look at some streetfightered storms - just an idea. rather than spend a fortune on new plastics you could do a top yoke conversion, front rad, hornet clocks etc...

but then again, ive just replaced my fairing and cost less than a ton resprayed, decalled etc :think:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Scottyscott :thumbup:

This link might interest you :D
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 30&t=14328

Chris.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

scottyscott wrote: but i need some decent size fairings to fit ( like the superhawk )
What are you talking about, a firestorm and a superhawk are the same bike? They have the same fairings.
Rich.

scottyscott

Post by scottyscott »

Hi rich ,

sorry bud i must have been mistaken . its just that the pics of them (from america ) have had full side fairings on . All i can say that they must have done some sort of converison . If honda didnt do a full fairing for this bike then i shall keep it as it is because i dont want my bike to be trying to look like some other . All the conversion which i have seen do look great but at the end of the day a storm should remain a storm .

I stand corrected . thanks

happy dayz :thumbup:
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Greetings and welcome to the forum :thumbup:
SP1's rock!