benny's hedgehog...

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
benny hedges

Re: benny's hedgehog...

Post by benny hedges »

can't see the side stickers lol, just put a big honda on the belly, want it as plain as possible tbh...
testing me new cam!

want to get it out and wax it up, have a look at it in the sun :cool2
next pics will be at 150+ off me gopro lol - sorry it took so long to put back together... really missed riding it.
got a painfull few weeks now til i can get on it as i'm away for a bit :(
watch some bastid break in & nick it lol 8O

good news sort of is it's back on the road before the v23 write off form has come through so i need to try and sort it so it doesn't go on the register.
looking forward to bumping into some of you on the road (not literally lol)
the 'was it you' section, should be easy to identify lol cos i can't say i've seen another black & white one on the road yet :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

looking good matey :thumbup: :thumbup: We`ll certainly know each other when we pass mate :biggrin

Know wot you mean about missing riding it, im the same now, and its only been couple of weeks.

Hopefully see ya at operation storm rideout :biggrin
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It's coming on a treat Benny, looking really good :thumbup: :clap:

Chris.
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

bout time you got a new camers!! :lol: :clap: im liking the look of that benny 8) now take that fairing back off and spray those rads black :wink:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

marravtr wrote:bout time you got a new camers!! :lol: :clap:
:lol: I mentioned this to Benny in another post not so long ago, he told me he has a 16 mega pixel camera :crazy: :wink: :)

Chris.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

ok lol sorry about the pic quality - have to resize here anyway and usually use my fone.

anyway, decided it's a nice day, about time i rode the fker so.......

really pissed me off - got back to find clutch fluid had leaked all over the fairing and put a unremovable stain in it - crouton it, it will have to do.

few more jobs to do, like fit the rest of the rubber trim and glue it on, fit the yacugar prog rear spring (which looks ace), fit a new tank protector pad, buff out a few marks and line the belly pan up proper...

apart from that i can't think of much else so i'm off out for a spin :thumbup: :thumbup:

and just for those with big screens who like better quality pics...
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/1802/dscf0115r.jpg
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1011/dscf0112tb.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/875/dscf0113t.jpg
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4980/dscf0114t.jpg
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

:thumbup: looks very smart matey, shame about that feckin leak tho! bet you were :evil: :Argue 1:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Looking good! :thumbup: Add a flashing blue light and some dayglo and you'll rule the roads :biggrin

PS Was your ol' Z400J like my ol' one?

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

Can I join the Z400 club...?

=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

yes the same kwak!
ran like sh1t til i rejetted it and put a 4/1 micron on :thumbup:
handled sweet tho!

well, just got back from 1st ride... wouldn't go in gear.
guess what - id put the fkin linkage on upside down lol Richard!
took some spanners out but id used a m6 with 8mm top :Ball Kick:

then noticed the hugger was touching the tyre, clutch wanted adjusting a bit and slackened ccts a bit...
verdict, spot on. maybe mixture screws want a tweak but apart from that i'm made up with it.
so i know it's been a long wait, but worth it :thumbup:
it's had respray & new decals, 19l tank, new mudguard, left & right fairing (thx!), back to std bars, new clutch mc & both levers, wheels done black, frame, fork legs & subframe done black, wirth progressive springs & 15 weight oil, new r/r, back to 15t sprocket,new left hanger & pegs (thx!), front spindle, new subframe, mirrors (thx!), extenders (thx!) std indicators (thx! - fitted std for a reason), bmc race filter, ape ccts, dynojet kit, modded intakes and snorkel, short stacks, +4 degree advancer (thx!), laser dualsound cans & pipes (thx!), rc45 throttle tube, chrome bar ends (thx!), fairing bracket (thx!), 'new' clocks ( :wink: ) forks dropped 10mm and 5mm spacer added under shock.
probably other bits too but cant remember lol - a lot of the parts came from the sorted chaps here - thx a million :thumbup:

it already had carbon hugger, pillion cowl, fabbri black screen, scottoiler, beaver relay kit with 130/95 lamp - still to add, 12m of rubber trim and my progressive rear spring but cba doing that till i take the plastics off again.
looking closely at the paint job it's flawed to crouton but not arsed, i just intend to ride it and then do it again in winter with some better quality paint.
also need to do something with the brakes cos they are still shite.

ready for a dyno run atm, then we'll see what difference the mods have made, if any - but it feels fast as crouton lol, no noticeable flatties straight into the red, wheel up, now turns in so quick i almost kerbed it lol! :eek2
Last edited by benny hedges on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

:thumbup: :clap:

Just don't clean it, the paint flaws don't show after a few weeks.
And don't slow down, then no-one gets a close look.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

looks good in white with black frame. worth the hardwork I would say :thumbup:

what did you pay for the BMC filter? I just bough one when I was in the sates cause I couldnt find any over here. Cost me £60 over there
AMcQ
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

filter cost me.......... wait for it........... £88 incl delivery and bastid import tax.
worth it tho imho, but if you get one, get the 1404R race filter as it flows 25% more than the k&n,
the k&n flows the same as the std bmc filter.
i got it from bmc's own online store.

thing is, i'd already got a k&n brand new for £55 cos i couldn't get the bmc, then i got a email from the makers saying they were in stock.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

OK, that make me feel a bit better, lI ike to know I got a bargin [well I am scottish]. I went for the road filter after reading all the Superhawk threads on the problem people have jetting for the K&N, and the flat spot in mid range. I was told the Road filter flows more than the std, but less than the K&N, and was a good compromise.

I had a K&N in mine for last 3 years, and had a bit of a 4000rpm flat spot, not huge, but noticable when it started to pull out of it [and good for wheelies, bit like a 2 stroke power band]. Went back to the standard one last month, but had only done about 100 miles. There was no flat spot But I hadnt taken the jetting back down........I only got 90 miles on that tank of fuel, so I think it was running rich with the DJ180 mains. I Just fitted the BMC with the same jets I had for the K&N, and it feels like there is no flat spot and the fueling is clean, but I guess I need a quick dyno check to work out which one is best, and if I have the jetting close to optimum.
AMcQ
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

mine's on 190 / 195 with 48 pilot jets, needles on 5th slot, mixture screw 2 1/2 front 2 3/4 back, no flat spots apart from below 2k so i think screw needs fettling a bit.
pulls MUCH stronger than before and the torque goes right onto the limiter, probably cos of the smaller stacks?
the cans i have on are a LOT quieter than the vipers, even with the race baffles in so i might take them out and test it again tomorrow.

also noticed, the right fairing i bought had been repaired, and after 40 miles i can see a crack appearing already, so i think i'll spray up my other one tomorrow as it's undamaged.
(though it has been trimmed for vfr bars)

if you look on bmc's site, every sb & gp race this year has had bmc in the top 5.
everyone uses them!
afaik there are still no stockists in the uk that do the bike filters.