Is it really worth having a road bike anymore??

General Biker Banter
rst steve

Is it really worth having a road bike anymore??

Post by rst steve »

Well just got back from the first ride this year on my storm. Been over to Matlock and then back over the Cat to Stockport. I am now sat here thinking to myself if is worth riding a bike on the road anymore :confused I have seen more speed cameras and poilce today than i ever have in one day. On the way to Matlock i spotted 4 of them dodgy vans with the flap on the back and around 5 traffic cars luckily the traffic cars already had hold of some criminals so i managed to avoid them. Then the Cat????? well i think i can honestly say the Cat&Fiddle is dead :sad2 Is it really worth having a road bike?????? I spent more time today looking for speed cameras than i did concentrating on the road and i just didnt enjoy myself. Dont get me wrong i am not trying to condone people doing crazy speeds and riding dangerously but come on enough is enough. Going on ebay now see if i can find a cheap track bike. :thumbdown:
benny hedges

Re: Is it really worth having a road bike anymore??

Post by benny hedges »

well you probably picked the one place in the uk that has been singled out to target speeding bikes m8.
try a ride out over delamere, hatchmere, down past oulton park and beyond, some great roads and virtually camera free.
c&f has got a bad reputation in recent years - i won't go there myself, not worth it.
if they dont get you for speeding they will pull you for small plate or noise.

m8 was down earlier saying he'd been out to northwich with a few others, did him for blue headlamp :confused :confused :confused and fined another lad £50 spot fine for throwing a fag end on the floor.

getting as bad as wales used to be.
said they were splitting up groups of more than 4 riders as well, which i am sure is a breach of civil liberties?

should be more organised mass rides in protest of police persecution of bikers imo.
i'd like to see them spend more time getting untaxed & uninsured drivers off the road, get rid of unlicenced immigrant drivers in death trap cars - atm they can't touch them & god help you if you are in a crash with one, you've no chance of claiming.

be patient and forget the c&f - let the cameras catch all the scoobys and evos who race down there.
find another route :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

Hey i drive a scooby lol :lol:

I know what you mean maybe bikes are just an easy target as most of the people that ride them legally will stop when asked. I am getting fed up of the feeling of being watched all the time when im on the bike and i will admit that my pipes and plate are illegal but the bike is always taxed tested and insured and always wears perfect tyres and is in perfect condition. Is it such big deal to have a noisy pipe or small plate i am sure there are worse crimes :evil:
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

But Tim,if you don't tell us where you going how the hell will we find you when you run out of petrol ? :D
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

is it really worth having a road bike anymore?? YES nuff said :D
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

HEY TIM, I went 40 + miles and filled up 37 times at twelve pounds a time....do you think my storm is a bit ere...thirsty? It kind of reminds me of this little chap....:beer: same colour too!
Cheers Chris

I'm exaggerating...only filled up thirty two times
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

marravtr wrote:is it really worth having a road bike anymore?? YES nuff said :D
:thumbup: Thats the spirit :clap:

In answer to Steve's question-I just think it depends where you ride now. I just take myself off out the way :)

Stopped doing the C&F ages ago for the very reason you stated and try to stay away from other "popular" biking routes at peak times or in the summer-it's no fun. Not just because of the Police, camera's etc, but because most busy routes are littered with clowns who can't ride for toffee, want to compete, show off, or throw there bike up the road taking the nearest person with it :problem: Like some ass did the other year when I was at J&S Doncaster :clap:

Best finding somewhere else to enjoy Steve and keeping to yourself-like Tim said :)

But don't run out of petrol :thumbup:
SP1's rock!