Re: Firestorm vs SP1

General Bike chat
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

I told you that some time ago! The Firestorm is a wheely machine even on stock cogs :biggrin
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

That's why the forks are dropping out of the yokes then 8O :lol:

I can confirm SP's are quicker than Subaru STI's after yesterdays blast back from Donny :mrgreen:
SP1's rock!
JIMMYJAMES

Post by JIMMYJAMES »

Jbrebel wrote:That's why the forks are dropping out of the yokes then 8O :lol:

I can confirm SP's are quicker than Subaru STI's after yesterdays blast back from Donny :mrgreen:
:o I should hope you wiped the floor with it.
Red (the fastest colour) 98 Storm, APE CCT's ART Titanium high level cans, Airblade smoked double bubble screen and the shopping list is still growing!
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

They're quick tbh Jj. But not SP quick :biggrin

He'd been driving like a tw@t all the way through the limits-reving, dump valve farting, parking it as far on my back tyre as he could etc- had a car full of mates. Think that was the main factor. I wouldn't bother usually tbh...but, as they say, "when in Rome"... :D

Those Microns sound lush at full chat too. I'll not utter what I saw on the speedo as he left my mirrors the size of a pea :mrgreen:
SP1's rock!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

FirestormMike wrote:I can categorically state that Firestorms wheelie much better than SPs.
That is all.
Whole heartedly agree.
The Sp manages to convert all that thrust into forward motion whilst the Firestorm just tries to rotate itself over backwards :lol: :lol: :lol:
Still love them them both, only for different reasons though 8)
Jbrebel wrote:They're quick tbh Jj. But not SP quick :biggrin

He'd been driving like a tw@t all the way through the limits-reving, dump valve farting, parking it as far on my back tyre as he could etc- had a car full of mates. Think that was the main factor. I wouldn't bother usually tbh...but, as they say, "when in Rome"... :D

Those Microns sound lush at full chat too. I'll not utter what I saw on the speedo as he left my mirrors the size of a pea :mrgreen:
He He Hee! :twisted: and it's not even Summer yet :twisted:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Reckon that's it Pete. I've noticed the SP sticks like sh1t to a bed sheet under hard acceleration. Awesome :twisted:
SP1's rock!
Twinpotter

Post by Twinpotter »

whilst the Firestorm just tries to rotate itself over backwards....

:clap: :lol: :lol:
Starts with a R. Rrrrrrrr. Motorbike!
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

How do you reckon the storm stacks up againt the sp or vice versa Fsm?

It's that long since I had my storm I can't really make a comparison! :D
SP1's rock!
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

How do you reckon the storm stacks up againt the sp or vice versa Fsm?

It's that long since I had my storm I can't really make a comparison! :D
SP1's rock!
Dean O

Post by Dean O »

well, having now owned a storm, an SP1, a blackbird & now a busa the bike I'd rate best is the SP.
that said I found the bird best suited my limited riding skills, the SP needing more rider input than I possess to extract the max.
as for the busa, well it ain't noticeably quicker than the blackbird, doesn't handle noticeably better & for me at least, is far more expensive to insure. ie even tho its the same group 17 as the SP, its cost me an extra £155.
I'm now half hoping the fella who bought the SP doesn't get on with it & would like to swap it for the busa :roll:
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

I really love my SP Deano-i know its early days but it could easily be the best bike I've had.

It's certainly the best vtwin engine I've ever ridden. Its superb, so well made too.
SP1's rock!