Exhaust

General Bike chat
Giddsy

Exhaust

Post by Giddsy »

I'm starting a search for some new cans for the storm and having never bought any before I'm looking for a bit of advice.

I will be buying secondhand on flea bay and presumably I don't need firestorm specific exhausts? Surely they are universal and then the link pipes more unique. Is that right?

If so any tips on searching so I don't get 1500 hits..!

Cheers

James
tony.mon

Re: Exhaust

Post by tony.mon »

PJ engineering do the entry part separately, so as long as the cans you buy have the right diameter you could buy anything you like the look of and just change the entry tube part over.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
vtwin goody

Post by vtwin goody »

mate DONT GET OFF EBAY...i bought some viper cans on the bay and dwn pipes(off different people)both brand new and s,posse to fit straight onBOLLOCKS,took alot of messin about and endin up avin knutsford honda scratchin there heads but eventually made to fit(4 days inbetween other jobs for 70quid )be aware mate
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

vtwin goody wrote:mate DONT GET OFF EBAY...i bought some viper cans on the bay and dwn pipes(off different people)both brand new and s,posse to fit straight onBOLLOCKS,took alot of messin about and endin up avin knutsford honda scratchin there heads but eventually made to fit(4 days inbetween other jobs for 70quid )be aware mate
thank crouton for that lol thought u said venom dont fit!
bidding on these atm

Motad Venom race cans with removable road legal DB killer
also just bought a pyramid lower what im quite chuffed about :clap:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

Giddsy wrote:I'm starting a search for some new cans for the storm and having never bought any before I'm looking for a bit of advice.

I will be buying secondhand on flea bay and presumably I don't need firestorm specific exhausts? Surely they are universal and then the link pipes more unique. Is that right?

If so any tips on searching so I don't get 1500 hits..!

Cheers

James
I got my cans from JC Exhausts, and the link pipes fabbed by JAC exhausts (or is it the other way round)
Just watch where they go to collector - my old blue flames were sleeved down - but standard 'Stormy cans use a compressible packing piece (which I didn't know about) Mucho tantrums from me - till I was pointed out my ignorance :Hammer:

Anyway - this is my result (much posted already, but I'm pleased with what I ended up with)

Mind you - my old 7R was even more "adapted" - Micron downpipes, hindle link pipe - then I cut 2 1/2" off a Blueflame trizoid, that I bought as accident damaged...

There's a world of choice as long as you get the pipe dias right :p
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

Gallax

Post by Gallax »

Hi There

I got a set of Rumus Revolutions from ebay for £130 with link pipes, it took my a couple of hours to polish them, but they are spot on now.

so there are some bargains out there. Nothing much up at the min though.
Manxman

Post by Manxman »

Gallax wrote:Hi There

I got a set of Rumus Revolutions from ebay for £130 with link pipes, it took my a couple of hours to polish them, but they are spot on now.

so there are some bargains out there. Nothing much up at the min though.

Ebay can do some great bargains. I got these for £67. Bargain of the decade me thinks :D :D
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

nice bargain u got there.
i just missed out on some motads thx to the stupid automatic bidding in the last 20 seconds by a bidder with 2 rep.
pisses me off :mad2

if anyone knows of any decent cans and links going for a bargain, pls let me know!
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Giddsy

Post by Giddsy »

Thankis for all your responses guys. Good luck finding your one Benny... It wasn't me who outbid ya btw!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

lol is ok m8 - bought some carbon vipers instead :thumbup:
adamtk

Post by adamtk »

Ive got to say that JC Exhausts are very very very helpful i have been in touch with them about a few bits i want to do and nothing but helpfulness thanx for that clive

Adam
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window. 
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

benny hedges wrote:lol is ok m8 - bought some carbon vipers instead :thumbup:

Hiya, Did the Carbon vipers go on ok? I have the chance to buy some Viper race cans for the other Storm I just bought OH. yes? or no?

ABB
Last edited by Anotherbikerbabe on Mon May 31, 2010 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Anotherbikerbabe wrote:
benny hedges wrote:lol is ok m8 - bought some carbon vipers instead :thumbup:

Hiya, Did the Carbon vipers go on ok? I have the chance to buy some Viper race cans for the other Storm I just bought OH. yes? or no?

ABB xx
I have Viper cans are the best, never hear a storm as loud as mine yet, maybe the Operation storm 2010 will prove me wrong.
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

bazza696 wrote: I have Viper cans are the best, never hear a storm as loud as mine yet, maybe the Operation storm 2010 will prove me wrong.
Hmm, we shall have to see - I have unbaffled stubbies with "growler" tips...

Time for a "sound-off"

:burp:

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

cliveyandrews wrote:
bazza696 wrote: I have Viper cans are the best, never hear a storm as loud as mine yet, maybe the Operation storm 2010 will prove me wrong.
Hmm, we shall have to see - I have unbaffled stubbies with "growler" tips...

Time for a "sound-off"

:burp:
Growler tips!!, does putting a couple of lips with fur round them make the difference... 8O