L.P.P PAINT of Preston

Best deals in town
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: L.P.P PAINT of Preston

Post by sirch345 »

benny hedges wrote:why thank you sir :bow:
good rattlers tbh - was very impressed with the pressure and the fancy valve with like a pin valve and air gap - much better fan than hordinary spray cans like what you get.
coverage was almost as good as with a gun.
only thing i was bothered about was the primer and laquer were acrylic and the colour was cellulose - was expecting mucho blistering tbh with solvent incompatability.

not fitting it til it doesn't smell any more, then i know it's proper cured and won't mark so easy.
probably leave it til weekend.
halfords get a lot of stick but they did me proud on these. :thumbup:
BH,
I resprayed a hugger for the Firestorm (posted in the The Workshop Knowledgebase) using the same can's of paint from Halfords as you, but in Red. I too was very pleased with the results like yourself.

I have a under-tray to fit sometime, but I'm in two minds whether to dry fit it first, make any necessary alterations then spray it, or spray it and then hopefully fit it without scratching the new paint/lacquer. The down side of dry fitting it first then spraying it is the amount of time my bike will be off the road. You can guarantee the sun will be shining if the bike is stripped down :crazy:

Chris.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

What kind of undertray is it Chris?

I did all the tinkering/fitting before (although it pretty much slotted on the Storm) and painted it after.

The undertray for the TL was a complete tw@t :evil: and different again.
SP1's rock!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Cheers JB for your input JB. I think the undertray is a powerbronze item.

Chris.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Chris said
You can guarantee the sun will be shining if the bike is stripped down
:lol:
I'd do it, dry fit first...and I'd do it this bank hol weekend, it always rains on a bank hol :wink:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Pete.L wrote:Chris said
You can guarantee the sun will be shining if the bike is stripped down
:lol:
I'd do it, dry fit first...and I'd do it this bank hol weekend, it always rains on a bank hol :wink:

Pete.l
Cheers Pete I like that :thumbup:

Chris.
ubermod

Post by ubermod »

Hi, not been around for a while but I wanted to say cheers for the heads up on Halfords, and to add that as well as the spray cans they'll make you up a bottle of touch-up paint for £10.

Put a bit on and it seems a shade darker, is that normal, I'm assuming it dries lighter but it already seems pretty dry and pretty dark.

Cheers
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

ubermod wrote:
Put a bit on and it seems a shade darker, is that normal, I'm assuming it dries lighter but it already seems pretty dry and pretty dark.

Cheers
depends on the person who mixed it for you - how accurate they were with the dosing.
i took a sliver of fairing that i cut off to fit new bars - got an exact match to it.

if you're not happy with the match take it back
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
ubermod

Post by ubermod »

Yeah, I took the seat cover in but he didn't seem much interested in looking at it.

I gave him the paint code and he said "it's 96% silver plus something else, so you might as well get the off the shelf silver" I said no, I'd rather have the mix/matched one, now I'm wondering if it was a good idea.

He also said it was "Boon Silver" when the code I'd looked up on the net said it was "Blessed Silver"

Will give it a bit of a t-cut once I'm sure it's 100% dry and see how that looks.