L.P.P PAINT of Preston

Best deals in town
ChrisC

L.P.P PAINT of Preston

Post by ChrisC »

Some things are better left alone, and this company is one of those things. It's taken three phone calls & two trips to Preston to try and pick up a can of aerosol paint.
If you need good customer service, or just service of some sort.......better go somewhere else.

Bitter,twisted,......and paintless ! :thumbdown:
ChrisC
ChrisC

Re: L.P.P PAINT of Preston

Post by ChrisC »

Hi Tim, Went there this morning the bloke mixed and filled the aerosol in minutes, had a chat about his old B.S.A.....Jobs a goodun :thumbup:
I'll spray up my rear hugger when the air is not so damp...probably next september then! :) ...if any paint left over i might go to LPP and spray obscenities about their customer service on the door. :wink:..or would that be illegal? Thanks again for the address..I'll certainly use him again

I owe you a pint......Regards ChrisC
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

so did you just give him the paint code from under the seat?????
i could do with some making up as well
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Hi Benny Hedges, I took the paint code down with me ,He said the code was only applicable to honda..He has a colour chart book of most models.TBH,
I was a bit sceptical , but thought for the price ....give it a go. All I can say say
is sprayed my hugger this morning, another coat tomorrow.the match is spot on ....Don't forget to get a colour primer thats suitable for your top coat

regards ChrisC :thumbup:
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

nice one - so what does he charge for a rattler then???
mines the unassuming metallic teal - want enough to spray up a pyramid hugger.
bought the black one - might see how it looks in black first tbh and also in case i have to do any trimming to get it to fit right.
from when i trimmed the fairing it looks like the undercoat is white???
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Hey Benny, It was £11 for 400 to500ml approx thats more than enough for a hugger, bought some1000 & 2500grade wet n dry paper, cheaper than those
********'s in preston. If you need any help/info just ask
ChrisC
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Just remembered, get a primer that is specifically made for plastics
Cheers Chris
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

tried wigan car paints today but they were shut.
tried a few other places but nobody wanted my money.
called in halfrauds for some primer and out of curiosity asked if they knew anywhere local i could get rattlers made...
"over there at parts counter "
gave them the honda code from under the seat (b154m) and they found it on their database, got 5 300ml cans, exact match for my metallic veal.
got enough to do the lower fairing, fix the crash damage :oops: and maybe colour code the carbon (look) hugger as well.

top service - was impressed tbh.
the lad did a tester against a piece of the fairing i cut off for the vfr bars and it was bob on.
then made up all 5 cans in one batch to avoid slight mismatch between batches.

think you will agree, that is pretty damn close :thumbup:

much later, after a 2nd coat, tcut & clear laquer...

Last edited by benny hedges on Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Don't know whether the photo does it justice, should'nt you have painted it
yellow :D Just as a matter of interest i used a hair dryer to warm the part i was spraying first i think it helped.
Regards ChrisC
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

yellow :sick:

i got the garage nice and hot and heated up the rattlers on the radiator so the paint went on warm - dries in minutes :thumbup:
i'll go over it all with 1200 wet&dry in the morning then another coat, then tcut, then clear laquer.
should look as good if not better than the rest of the bike.

i've got colour match bogeys atm so i might pick some and use them to fill in stonechips.

just fyi here's a list of honda paint codes from JZH at vfrdiscussion.com http://www.vsource.org/VFR-RVF_files/BH ... tCodes.htm

note the b154m teal is actually called jerez blue metallic :thumbsup:
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

YUK Benny YUK.....Made me laugh though :D
Good luck with the paint job
Regards ChrisC
Gallax

Post by Gallax »

I got a tin of paint from these guys http://www.paints4u.com/ go to car touch up and follow instructions.
I bought a tin at 2pm and it arrived the next morning. Sprayed my belly pan with it and it's spot on colour wise.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

benny hedges wrote: think you will agree, that is pretty damn close :thumbup:

much later, after a 2nd coat, tcut & clear laquer...
That looks pretty good to me :thumbup:

Chris.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

why thank you sir :bow:
good rattlers tbh - was very impressed with the pressure and the fancy valve with like a pin valve and air gap - much better fan than ordinary spray cans like what you get.
coverage was almost as good as with a gun.
only thing i was bothered about was the primer and laquer were acrylic and the colour was cellulose - was expecting mucho blistering tbh with solvent incompatability.

not fitting it til it doesn't smell any more, then i know it's proper cured and won't mark so easy.
probably leave it til weekend.
halfords get a lot of stick but they did me proud on these. :thumbup:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Halfords Shining Pearl Yellow Y124 is also a good match for earlier yellow ones.

Too many sags from not enough runs; (enough about me, the bike's fine).
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.