Anyone got any experience with parallels

General Bike chat
i_love_twins

Anyone got any experience with parallels

Post by i_love_twins »

I have found a bike for sale at a very keen price, and am going to see it this weekend. The ad says that it is an import, but I haven't asked where from yet. Is there anything to look out for (except the speedo being wrong and the lights pointing out) that will make it a difficult bike to keep in the UK. Any info or advice would be helpful.

cheers in advance

Michael
stevieVTR

Post by stevieVTR »

If its over 2 years old and out of warranty I don`t see a problem. Some imports are from countries where power output is restricted though I don`t know if this affects the Storm. If it was from the US it may have emissions control eqpt (I had this on a ZZR and it was a mass of extra pipework and a carbon filter). Other than that its the usual such as condition, service history, etc. Just remember that , should you wish to sell it in the future the buyer will have all the concerns that you have and though its keenly priced you would have to price it keenly as well.
Good luck!
.... no more bike, divorce sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pipstorm

Post by Pipstorm »

Mines a Parallel! A French import, clocks and headlight was changed before I got it, It was, I think, limited to 100bhp in France but It's off to the dyno in the next few weeks so I'll find if those hi level Arts are doing anything other than just making a gorgeous sound.

Never had any problems with either the bike or servicing (touch wood) All dealers that I have taken it too have never commented on it being a parallel import, the only way that I can tell is there is a bar code sticker on the left hand side of the frame hidden behind the fairing which shows the intended country of registration, it's all in French so it's a bit of a giveaway!

Still a great bike wherever it comes from!