Ohh what a splendid day !!

General Biker Banter
bikerpiker

Ohh what a splendid day !!

Post by bikerpiker »

Well, i had my first ride on the bike in 10 weeks ,just a short one though 6 miles each way, .....i had to take it to work this morning at 6.30am and was a bit apprehensive about going in for overtime ,incase roads were icy or whatever ,it was a bit early and i thought i'd be freezing , however our usuall midweek starting time is 6am ,so i got a bit of a lie in this morning :roll:

It was obviously dark and the roads were wet ,..........but it was fookin magic ,it really felt great to be on it again ,and i wasn't cold at all .

The reason i took the bike was that my 12 year old Primera was going in for an MOT test this morning , ....... it passed !!!! ,,so all in all , a good day :thumbup:

For all you year round riders ,and you guys with new cars please ignore my post :wink:
Stevie
cliveyandrews

Re: Ohh what a splendid day !!

Post by cliveyandrews »

Nice one!

However, my weekends turned to sh1t by some muppet making my new link pipes with a 49 mm flare, instead of a 42mm reduction. I'm now stuck with the bike in pieces, a VERY bad back, no MOT on the car - and the sun's out. I swear some f***ers nicked my paddle as well...

:eek2

Good news about your car MOT though - I have to throw money at the old girl for a new ball joint (Jag that is not the missus)
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

I went into town on mine today......fooking hell the roads were like ice (heavy fog, very very cold). Back wheel spinning up everywhere over 7K RPM. Not pleasant at all.
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

was warm today till the fog came down, couldnt see crouton all!
got a good ride in at last tho:)
took my car in for belt service as well - expensive job, cba doing it meself!
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
steveb

Post by steveb »

bikerpiker wrote:
For all you year round riders ,and you guys with new cars please ignore my post :wink:
I used to ride all round but then I had a DRZ400 on an 05, but for some reason (obvious really) I think my storm is the best bike I've ever owned and it's my 7th bike and the oldest (98) bike i've ever owned!!

On a good point, I today got the b&st&rd sensor out of the gear box on Ford Focus', anyone who's had to change one will know how much of a b&st&rd they are, I started the job on 12th Dec!!!!!! It took an engine hoist and a 2.5 inch self tap screw to pull it out.
That the wife's car, I drive an X reg vectra known as the 'sh1t vectra' :D
Happy ridin'
-------------------------------------------------
98 Honda Firestorm in black for tarmac grin's
98 Yamaha WR250z for green lane grin's
-------------------------------------------------
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I can't wait for Spring to, er, spring. Bought new oil and filters for the Storm and the TDM. Just need to do that, adjust head races on Storm and grease linkages on both then ready for the barbecue summer. :roll:
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

JIMMYJAMES

Post by JIMMYJAMES »

I drive a 1994 VW Caravelle camper conversion as my daily drive/holidays and the bike is for fair weather commuting and fun. The good thing with the van is althought its done a lot of miles i have had it for years and i know the engine pretty well. I have replaced the head with new and done the cambelt twice on my own with basic tools and its definatly easier to work on than the modern stuff with ecu's, funny torx screws and sensors everywhere.

Love the van but cant wait to get out on the bike again especially as i only just got the bike sorted before the weather turned crappy.
Red (the fastest colour) 98 Storm, APE CCT's ART Titanium high level cans, Airblade smoked double bubble screen and the shopping list is still growing!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I managed to get out on the bike on Saturday too :thumbup: The first time for this year. I was out on it last on the 13 Dec 09, but it seems sooooo much longer ago than that.

We had beautiful sunshine, no wind for a change and very little traffic about, it was great :thumbup:
Traffic-wise it won't be like that in the summer :thumbdown:

Chris.
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Could'nt take it any more!! Yesterday my Missus went out in the car ..... I sat there for a while then I thought ****it so I cut off the ankle brace thing I've had on for months,had a good scratch, hobbled to the bike and....Rivvy here I come(there is'nt a better feeling.....is there) Met up with a couple of old faces and a new one,Blade Runner nice to meet you mate. On leaving I was trying to turn the bike around and ankle gave way, very nearly dropped it "oh the shame" :oops: ... I can still hear the sniggering ringing in my head from some leather clad gentlemen of the biking fraternity :D .found after a couple of minutes I could'nt use my back brake . got home , and been hobbling ever since with swollen ankle...Moral of the story just say ..****it ...
Give us me crutch, it was worth it. :thumbup:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

ChrisC, that must be the definition of frustration.............great story, glad you didnt drop the bike, but I bet the misses gave you grief.

in the midlands the promised sun on saturday never came, was a damp cold fog all day, so I didnt get the storm out. Sunday was the same but I did go to shropshire to ride a trials bike up a muddy hillside for 4 hrs, so I guess I found a way to control my frustration.
But I think my mate is as mad as you, he fell off his pushbike on saturday, hurt his wrist [kept him awake all night], still went trials riding sunday [bag of ice from McD's and hospital strength Cocodamol on the journey] and might go to the doctors tuesday to see if it is broken.......

Hope the ankle recovers.
AMcQ
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

HeyAMCQ46, The Missus was suprisingly good about it (She's a great girl but i still can't get her to clean my bike :D ) said she had not seen me smile that much
since I found out the mother in law was'nt coming to stay for Christmas :thumbup:" Oh what joy"
Hope your mates wrist is O K and he has'nt damaged his drinking hand too much
ChrisC
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

CoCodamol is good stuff - I'm prescribed up to 6 a day, plus Dichlophenac for inflammation....

Makes me a real cheap date too - I can get proper pissed on 3 pints....

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

ChrisC and AMcQ's mate must be mad, but I can fully understand how you felt :)

Chris.