It's coming..............

General Bike chat
steveb

It's coming..............

Post by steveb »

Nearly good riding weather today, sun was out roads were drying and a bit warmer than it has been.

Glad I didn't give in to temptation though as it rained for about half hour at lunchtime.

That video clip that Timbo posted is almost tourture...........but the days are getting longer and spring is on the horizon.

This is just a post to try and convince myself to stay saine.........still at least i've been able to go green laning all winter :D
Happy ridin'
-------------------------------------------------
98 Honda Firestorm in black for tarmac grin's
98 Yamaha WR250z for green lane grin's
Bondy

Re: It's coming..............

Post by Bondy »

Cant wait to back and get out again.
At least you still been able to your fix though mate.
To stupid to live to young to die.
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

steveb wrote:Nearly good riding weather today, sun was out roads were drying and a bit warmer than it has been.

Glad I didn't give in to temptation though as it rained for about half hour at lunchtime.

That video clip that Timbo posted is almost tourture...........but the days are getting longer and spring is on the horizon.

This is just a post to try and convince myself to stay saine.........still at least i've been able to go green laning all winter :D
Wait till you get those hi-levels on mate....!

Took the link pipes off today, so I'll post them Monday. I have a spare set of footrest spacers, so I'll chuck them in....
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

steveb

Post by steveb »

cliveyandrews wrote:
steveb wrote:Nearly good riding weather today, sun was out roads were drying and a bit warmer than it has been.

Wait till you get those hi-levels on mate....!

Took the link pipes off today, so I'll post them Monday. I have a spare set of footrest spacers, so I'll chuck them in....
Cheers Clivey, appreciated. Hope you get your new pipes sorted, I saw the other post re the wrong diameter............. :roll:
Happy ridin'
98 Honda Firestorm in black for tarmac grin's
98 Yamaha WR250z for green lane grin's
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

steveb wrote: Cheers Clivey, appreciated. Hope you get your new pipes sorted, I saw the other post re the wrong diameter............. :roll:
Guess I owe them an apology - it seems that my OEM and the blueflame pipes had been sleeved to 42mm - no sign of a gasket... :think:

The new links aren't the length I want, but with the Jag off the road, I have no choice now, I can't even get my OEM ones one - I cut the clamps to attempt to fab packers for the other pipes.

So, 2 gaskets ordered, 4 clamps (to cover all the bases on sizes) - and bus ticket for next week :( Just hope I get it sorted for next weekend - I commute to Brum, 150 miles - nearly 5 hours and 2 changes on a train! (and I can't miss Valentines day, my Fiancee would kill me!)

Gonna have a look at me undertray today, fingers crossed I can fir that OK, and that the paint I bought matches.....

Edit: Better day today, put new LED winkers on, changed the flasher relay, sorted the mess that was the last owners attempt at wiring, plastic welded (and fibregalss reinforced) the broken tabs on the tailpiece, sprayed the new undertray, sized up the RC51 throttle tube, cleaned up the downpipes ready for fitting the linkpipes, ordered a tail reflector and finally apologised to Wayne and Daz for yesterdays rant...

Wish I could just fix me back now...

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

cliveyandrews wrote: Edit: Better day today, put new LED winkers on, changed the flasher relay, sorted the mess that was the last owners attempt at wiring, plastic welded (and fibregalss reinforced) the broken tabs on the tailpiece, sprayed the new undertray, sized up the RC51 throttle tube, cleaned up the downpipes ready for fitting the linkpipes, ordered a tail reflector and finally apologised to Wayne and Daz for yesterdays rant...

Wish I could just fix me back now...
C/A,
I'm glad too hear things are going a bit better for you now. I know Daz wouldn't let you down intentionally, as I've dealt with him before and he's always been spot-on :thumbup:

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Bloody weather!

D'you know what, I'm getting to the point where I'd settle for just thin snow to go out in.

Apparently we're in for another week of it down in Kent.

I had to break a bike I was going to keep just to keep my nails greasy.
Bye, XBR500 :cry:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

had a blat out today, dryish roads even after slight dusting of snow last nite! :roll: but clear blue skys this morn :biggrin it was bloody freezing tho :eek2

and last piccy was outside donnington, next major event??? will be feck all or at best pikeys moving in :evil: greedy feckers should av left alone!!

4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

8)

Looks great from where I'm sat too today :D

Behind a bloody desk :evil:
SP1's rock!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

i drive to heysham a few days a week, 130 mile round trip, so i've put a set of tools on the site so i can come on the storm instead of sitting in traffic 2hrs a day!
still a bit cold out but nice and sunny - hope it stays like this for weekend :)

is that a bit of ice at the side of the road? :eek2 scary!
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Oh Yes! :thumbup:
Looks great, nice to see a bit of blue sky.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Nice pic's Mara :D

Chris.