When does your fan cut in?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
goody

When does your fan cut in?

Post by goody »

I don't think I've ever had mine come on but then the temp gauge has never gone over halfway. Until today I had to ride across town and the gauge went up almost to the red, fan didn't come on, should it have?
geodude

Re: When does your fan cut in?

Post by geodude »

Mine comes on just over halfway.
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
JIMMYJAMES

Post by JIMMYJAMES »

geodude wrote:Mine comes on just over halfway.
Ditto, i have noticed they get a bit hot in traffic. I think you might have a problem bud :(
Red (the fastest colour) 98 Storm, APE CCT's ART Titanium high level cans, Airblade smoked double bubble screen and the shopping list is still growing!
goody

Post by goody »

Oh well I suppose I've got something to do on Sunday now.
JIMMYJAMES

Post by JIMMYJAMES »

goody wrote:Oh well I suppose I've got something to do on Sunday now.
How did you get on bud? One Q; what temperature does yours sit at running on dual carriageways as mine was on just under the quarter last night. Seems a bit low.
Red (the fastest colour) 98 Storm, APE CCT's ART Titanium high level cans, Airblade smoked double bubble screen and the shopping list is still growing!
alan g

Post by alan g »

My Firestorm has always hovered around the quarter mark; I finally got around to checking the thermostat, and found it was stuck open! A new thermostat from Honda is around £45! (The same item for a car would be about £6).

Alan
goody

Post by goody »

Fan works, connections all looked OK so just leaves the sender unit. I could take it off and test it but it might be easier to just replace it.

Edit that! Just looked at david silvers £35! Ebay here I come.
goody

Post by goody »

Who would have thought the fan has its own fuse? :redface
bogof

Post by bogof »

goody wrote:Who would have thought the fan has its own fuse? :redface
That's just madness. A fan would never blow a fuse so its pointless fitting one :lol: !
goody

Post by goody »

So a penguin is driving his car in the desert. All of sudden his car breaks down. Luckily, he's pretty close to gas station. So he waddles behind his car and pushes it to the gas station. He asks the mechanic to take a look and find the problem. Mechanic tells him to come back in 30 minutes. So the penguin is getting hot being in the desert and all, and decides to find something to cool him off. He goes in the convenience store and buys some vanilla ice cream. He eats the ice cream and makes a big mess on his face. Finally he goes back to the mechanic to find out the problem. Mechanic says," Looks like you blew a seal." To which the penguin replies, "No, no. It's just a little ice cream.
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
goody

Post by goody »

JIMMYJAMES wrote:
How did you get on bud? One Q; what temperature does yours sit at running on dual carriageways as mine was on just under the quarter last night. Seems a bit low.

Going to work tonight 15 miles of mainly dual carriageway's it stayed around the quarter mark. Then got sent across town bit of traffic lots of traffic lights stop start etc. it went up to halfway. Fan came on when it got to just over halfway at the end of the journey.
JIMMYJAMES

Post by JIMMYJAMES »

goody wrote:
JIMMYJAMES wrote:

Going to work tonight 15 miles of mainly dual carriageway's it stayed around the quarter mark. Then got sent across town bit of traffic lots of traffic lights stop start etc. it went up to halfway. Fan came on when it got to just over halfway at the end of the journey.

Same as me, it seems we both might have thermostat problems to sort out now though.