Just about had enough of other forums..............

General Biker Banter
Seeker 77

Just about had enough of other forums..............

Post by Seeker 77 »

I sold my VTR about 4 years ago, sold my SP1 about 2 and a half years ago. I get very little technically from this forum but try and add value from my experiences, but i have absolutely had enough of some of the fcukin morons on the Gixer forums that i try and get my technical advice from. I don't have a high post count - as you can see from how long i have been on here and how few posts i have made. I try and keep my comments to those that are useful and constructive and i only comment where i can give some useful advice.

I appear to be completely ignored on at least one of the sites, not sure why but i just can't be arsed to add any value to a site like that. I will go back when i need an answer on something but for the rest of the time they can shove it up their arses. Even the squaddies on there are fookin idiots who seem only interested in being as abusive as possible.

I guess that it is just nice to come on here and speak to ordinary people who aren't delinquent children out to make a name for themselves.

Rant over.

Love you guys! :clap:
warby221

Re: Just about had enough of other forums..............

Post by warby221 »

mellis wrote:
I guess that it is just nice to come on here and speak to ordinary people who aren't delinquent children out to make a name for themselves.

Rant over.

speek for yourself :wonker: :wonker:

edit sorry had 2 do it
its big----- its red ------its throbbing and it’s a thousand CC
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Best way to difuse a rant mate, take the piss!!! :biggrin
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

warby221 wrote:
mellis wrote:

Rant over.

speek for yourself :wonker: :wonker:

edit sorry had 2 do it
:lol: :lol:

Sorry mark I couldn't resist that.

On a more sensible note, you are always welcome on here as far as i'm concerned,

Chris.
tattie

Post by tattie »

It definately has something to do with VTE the "V TWIN EFFECT" which produces a calmer, more mature, pleasant, kind and helpful being :biggrin . I know what you mean, having lurked around a few other "Bike" forums, the genuine person usually gets berated for enquiring about something they are not sure about. Not the best way to encourage or help someone in need.
Never mind, you are, I would say in good company on here the more input the better. The occasional piss take is ok as well :plainsmile .

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

mellis wrote:Love you guys! :clap:
Group hug :Group Hug:

I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy inside............ but that might be the out of date food I had for dinner.
Rich.

Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I know what you mean Mellis
I think we're real lucky we have a good ballance on here.
Don't the rest of you take that as a compliment, I don't want any of you getting swollen heads when it might not be you I'm talking about :p

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
IgorVigor

Post by IgorVigor »

I have to agree with you Mellis...

Already this has turned out to be the best forum I am registered on :)

The only other one I am on is OK, but its covers a selection of different bikes...

So you get the people who even though they never owned you model of bike, they think they know everything about it.... :S

But oh well....

I'm Going to be around alot I think :)
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Ditto Mike...saw that happen on a well known bike forum a couple of years ago...very funny :lol:

I use/frequent a couple of other forums-but see, VTR1000.org is a nice place to be :D

No back stabbing, trolling or stupid attention seeking arses. Granted, there's good banter-but that’s different to malicious, brain dead, nastiness that happens on other forums I use/have used. It gets beyond boring at times :think:

I think you get a "God" complex on some other forums off certain users just because they spend their entire life on line and have been a member since the inception of the internet :Richard:
SP1's rock!
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Yep completely agree, the Blade site had some complete stumps that just had to comment of everything regardless of whether or not they had any valuable input. Long live VTR1000.org :thumbup:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

I tried this one when i had my SP1 but it is just like the GSXR site and has much of the same narrow-minded fookwits on it.

http://forum.honda-forums.com/index.php
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

The TDM one I use is pretty good too - another twin you see :thumbup:

Some of the IT ones are priceless with complete nerds with no interpersonal skills whatsoever having real hissy fits :eek2

BTW, I kept up with a new R1 the other day round some nice country roads and he looked a bit put out as his riding got erratic. Only chased him because he overtook us in a 30 doing about 50, so I waited to the GLF sign then caught him. He got away doing 60 in a 40, which I observed.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

Ernie Cooley

Post by Ernie Cooley »

I post regularly over on http://www.therevcounter.com a good bunch of ex VD'ers who split after an influx of knobbers.

There are some idiots (As with most forums) but you do generally have some useful people on there who know their stuff and are more than happy to help.

Other than here and firebladeriders.com, I rarely frequent any other place.
Dean O

Post by Dean O »

just about all forums have their share of w*nkers, some more than others. where it goes wrong is when admin allow the w*nkers to dominate their board & in a particular case (on a site I recently left, as alluded to earlier in this thread) when admin are subsequently exposed as unprincipled two faced, lying tw*ts :roll:
desborough

Post by desborough »

mellis wrote:I tried this one when i had my SP1 but it is just like the GSXR site and has much of the same narrow-minded fookwits on it.

http://forum.honda-forums.com/index.php
usually only good bit about other forums is the jokes page just check out the forum mellis mentioned and look at the tazer posting