Greetings Fellow Firestorm Followers!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
WireWalker

Greetings Fellow Firestorm Followers!

Post by WireWalker »

You can call me Al. :mrgreen: I live just outside Glasgow, 5 minutes from some of the best B roads around and 15 minutes from Loch Lomond. I recently purchased the VTR belonging to Marc (Tangostorm), a recent member and a decent guy. It was he who suggested I stop by and make myself known as you had all manner of help and advice for new owners :D

I believe I got a bit of a bargain as the bike has been modified by someone with taste and an eye for quality but I reckon I only paid what a low mileage, excellent condition standard VTR is worth. I've been looking for an '05 model SP2 since last year but nothing has appeared that's within striking distance and reasonably priced so when I saw this well sorted Firestorm up for grabs locally I thought I'd go over for a look. I'd never seen an orange Firestorm before and I actually thought it was a red one photographed on a duff camera phone :lol: Imagine my suprise etc... To cut a fairly short story a wee bit shorter, he had me when it "ignited" and the twin titanium Scorpion cans set off his car alarm :lol:

I'm really enjoying the bike, I own a couple of other big V's and the Honda can hold it's own with the best of them I reckon. Hopefully the drier weather we've been experiencing will return and let me get some serious use out of it. I don't mind the weather as I ride all year but I don't think I've ever owned a bike as clean as this one and I know that being caught in the rain would be the start of a slippery slope which ends in an annual jetwash for the MoT :lol:

Sorry about all the smileys, I swear the WiFi is picking up on my ear to ear helmet busting grin!
"The future is Orange"
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Re: Greetings Fellow Firestorm Followers!

Post by Seven Of Nine Firestorm »

Welcome to the forum Al, you have certainly found the right place and good bunch of peeps on here who are very helpfull. Love to see the pics when you get to post them up.

Have fun and enjoy your stay here. :D
yorkshirepuddin

Post by yorkshirepuddin »

hello mate, glad you like the bike, where do you live i used to live that way as well a few years ago. i now live in Portsmouth.
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Welcome mate , i'm just ootside Kilmarnock , sure is a nice bike you bought , i saw it advertised on ebay and gumtree ,then when i had a look a few nights ago i noticed that it had been sold. :)
Stevie
WireWalker

Post by WireWalker »

Thanks for the welcome Seven, and may you live long and prosper :D

Timbo wrote:Hi Al, you can call me betty :) (Sorry, went all paul simon there).
:lol: I got this song stuck in my head in the 80's, it's become like a tourettes tic for me as I find I can't introduce myself any way other than "Hi, my names Alan, but you can call me Al" at which point I often chuckle to myself which tends to wrong foot folks in business meetings!
yorkshirepuddin wrote:hello mate, glad you like the bike, where do you live i used to live that way as well a few years ago. i now live in Portsmouth.
I'm in Clydebank, situated on the banks of the Clyde, a town not known for it's imagination as we call ourselves "Bankies". Moving from here to Portsmouth wasn't an uncommon thing as most people are either seafarers or involved in the shipbuilding industry, though that's all in the past now.
bikerpiker wrote:Welcome mate , i'm just ootside Kilmarnock , sure is a nice bike you bought , i saw it advertised on ebay and gumtree ,then when i had a look a few nights ago i noticed that it had been sold. :)
Hi dude, are there many of us from the Central belt on here? I've been looking around the forum and detected some other Scots but it's not always obvious where they are.

The ebay ad caused a wee blot on my report card. I bought the bike based on seeing the Gumtree ad so I wanted to start negotiating at £2500 but Marc wanted to start from £2600 as per ebay. I told him I was on ebay when I called him and he didn't have an ad on at any price, told him he should be ashamed trying to jack the price up right in front of a serious buyer, told him my final offer and urged him to accept, which he did as he needed the cash to fund a scooter purchase (He's a good man but nobody said he was perfect :lol: ) and off I went with my new Firestorm.

The ad appeared 3 days later on ebay due to him planning a weekend push, I had to call him concerning a spare key and I was suitably apologetic though I didn't go as far as offering a refund or anything :oops:

Thanks for the welcome guys, I'm sure I can find a corner of the forum where I won't disturb anyone :lol:
"The future is Orange"
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

ow do matey and welcome :wink:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Welcome Al, Paul Simon wrote a song about your first line :D

Enjoy the site, and the chat

Mark
mwross1964

Post by mwross1964 »

Hello from Galashiels mate.

Mark.
anything with wheels or tits is gonna cost ya money.
but who needs money
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

WireWalker wrote:I'm in Clydebank
My God, you could have at least pretended to be from somewhere nice, like Beirut :wink:

Hello anyway.
Rich.

bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

cupasoop wrote:
My God, you could have at least pretended to be from somewhere nice, like Beirut :wink:

Hello anyway.
It was alright for Marti Pellow :biggrin
Stevie
WireWalker

Post by WireWalker »

cupasoop wrote:

Hello anyway.
:lol: I passsed myself off as a Glaswegian in my profile but Yorkshirepuddin just wouldn't leave it alone and I felt compelled to admit I was a fraud!
bikerpiker wrote:It was alright for Marti Pellow
I have known him since he was still Mark McLaughlin, his older brother John was my best friend until we parted ways at 14 when drinking became his idea of a good time and I elected not to join him. I met him recently and he's had his left leg removed due to alcoholism and apparently the right is waiting in a queue for removal 8O Wee Mark hasn't faired much better with the Heroin addiction and so forth :(

Thanks for trying to "support your local newbie" bikerpiker but that was a can of worms best left alone. :lol:

Where does a person purchase a can of worms, and why bother if they're always best left unopened?
"The future is Orange"
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard WireWalker :!: :D Nice intro :!:
I like your signiture too, very apt :D

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Timbo wrote: either that or pear shaped :)
My wife is from the future?

Ah, well.
Booty is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

What they come in sizes other than pear shaped? Damn :(
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'