Chickenstrip

General Bike chat
Septic

Chickenstrip

Post by Septic »

Look I really have been trying but I cant get rid of this fugin thing, its only 15mm wide or so but it just wont go. Ive got Sportmaxs on at the mo but at a track day recently I noticed a lot of peeps with Battlaxs on. So is it me, the boots or both? :cry:
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

Don't get sucked into that chicken strip sh*te! Depends on the bike the rider tyre profile tyre pressure etc.

I was out with a chap on a 999 a couple of weeks ago and he was really shifting and getting his knee down on several occasions ( his is an ex-racer by the way ). Even arter all that the 999 still had unworn strips at the side. My old bridgestone 020's wore right to the edge but the MEZ3's i hace presently have about 8-10mm at each side and I have been riding the bike harder than ever.

Conclusion ... forget about it. For all you know the others at the track day may be riding their bikes like super motos!

Al.
Septic

Post by Septic »

Jeez, you must know people, youve been out with a 999 already? I saw it first at BSB Mallory a few weeks back and I was stood next to a certain Mr C. Edwards and that was the first time hed seen it too, or so he said. Whats your impression of it?
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

I like the look of it. The chap I was out with has a 748R. As soon as the 749R comes out he's getting one of those.

The bike is tiny. It felt like a 400 to sit on. The mirrirs look the part from the front but are useless to use. Andy had to contort himself to see anything behind him. But his verdict was that it was an easy bike to ride very quickly on.

Al.
adamski

Post by adamski »

A lot more comfortable than the 916/998 range too.

Shame about the undertank/seat unit join though!

Chicken strips, If your pegs, cans, knees are down where else is there to go?
Yeeeehaa!
I told you they crashed well!