Misfire when raining

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
shrek493

Misfire when raining

Post by shrek493 »

Hello

Can anyone help please i got an annoying misfire only when it rains, ive tried and front fender extender and ive cleared the drainage hole by the front plug new spark plugs.

Any ideas would be grateful

Thanks
jambo

Re: Misfire when raining

Post by jambo »

shrek493 wrote:Hello

Can anyone help please i got an annoying misfire only when it rains, ive tried and front fender extender and ive cleared the drainage hole by the front plug new spark plugs.

Any ideas would be grateful

Thanks

check the ht lead and plug cap for any sort of corrosion or cracking
wd40 sprayed on the area will help until you find the problem
jambo
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

check your leads and coils for shorting etc, and loose wires, an old trick of mine was to find a very dark place fire it up then see if you can see any 'sparks', if not, give it a good soaking with a hose and go dark again, fire it up and you should see any sparks. try to avoid any sprays on ht side of electrics ie wd40/acf/duck oil these can create problems and make things worse.
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

had a pajero, missed when doing a bit of off-roading going through puddles(only 4 foot deep as i didnt have the snorkel fitted), found an arc on a lead, cleaned and dried then sprayed wd all over, next puddle miss again lift bonnet now arcing along wd destroyed 160£ worth of ignition coil had to be towed back. this was the last time i used wd for this purpose, sprays are ok on low energy sytems of old would not recommend on high energy modern ignitions, acf affected my HiD lighting as well, as this spray appears to be conductive. In days gone by i would have recommended them as a cure all, got a lot of my customers out of a prob at the road side many a time. nowadays not too sure as modern systems are getting pretty delicate as to energy irregularities and shorting.
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.