Is No One Playing Out Tomorrow?

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Is No One Playing Out Tomorrow?

Post by RedStormV »

Looks like tomorrow, just for a change, we (the wife and I) are both free of engagements, taxi driving etc.

Got petrol money, got working bikes, and got the weather!!

Wooohoooo!

Thinking at the moment about Seaways for breakfast / elevensies then maybe Whitby via Goathland, maybes then across Thirsk way and a pootle through the Dales back home.

Either that or head West via Slaidburn, to Knott End and then to Rivvy maybe.

Whatever we do I'll be avoiding major A roads as much as poss. Would prefer more than a goat track, but certainly quiter roads.

Wor lass is favouring Whitby at the moment, just for the fish and chips!

Anyone else got any plans?
rst steve

Re: Is No One Playing Out Tomorrow?

Post by rst steve »

I'm planning Matlock and Rivvy just not sure what order. Might pop and see if i can bag a test ride on the 1198 while i'm out too. :D
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Cheers Mike,

Remember you posting about being followed by one, but thanks for the reminder.

St Mary's is a tad further North than I was intending going - might make it for afternoon tea!

Have a good one where ever you get to peeps!
RedStormV

Post by RedStormV »

Snap!

We didn't get out as early as planned, so once we'd mooched about in Whitby decided to take the direct ish route back. I could only stand the A64 for so long though and bugged out at Tadcaster for a more chilled out biking experience for that last leg of the return journey.

Met Iggy at Seaways, Hi Iggy! Did you know he used to be Jim's next door neighbour? no me either!
iirc he said Jim wasn't into bikes then - perhaps he was still into his Barbie?
Great to bump into (not literally another forum member) and have a good chat.

Seaways was busy as usual, elevensies ended up more like quick lunchtime snack though :roll:

Only copper we saw 'in anger' so to speak was just outside Cawood on the B1222 headding towrads Riccall , nice long straight to a 'T' junction, just after you cross the swing bridge. Thankfully a motorist heading my way signalled his presence with headlights and waving arm - just as I was getting comfy behind the screen and watching the red line approaching too!
When we got to him, he had no hairdryer visible and was a bike cop, calmly indicated right and went on our way 1/2 expected a tug - thankfully nothing came of it.

Found 2 roads with gravel in the middle, not much fun, but also lots of other roads I'd never dream of going on ordinarily, so overall, well done to the Zumo, especially considering the route I meticulously planned got trashed so had to do a quich re-hash and let the Zumo pick the roads.

Clouded over and tried to rain just before we left Whitby, thankfully it failed pretty miserably and it brightend up nicely as we arrived in Pickering.

Don't do sticky out engines, but, saw 2 true Boxer Cup, Mamola reps, one at Goathland and one in Whitby (different ones, I checked the regs). One of 'em went past us while we we admiring the view at Hole of Hocum, sounded very nice. Must say I might consider one if ever I start prefering wurst to roast beef.

Cracking day, wor lass enjoyed it too - but ached all over - longest 'single' ride she's done I reckon (phnaar phnaar), certainly on the Gixxer.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Red G if you had managed the Squires meet (day before the Tann Hill meet) you would have known Iggy was my old next door neighbour :D I was single low paid RAF mechanic running a 3 bed semi and a 530 BMW :oops: Couldnt afford a take out Chinese let alone a bike as well. I had nearly 12 years off bikes spending lots on cars to try and get my kicks but it never quenched the thirst :twisted: Funnily enough the 09 Blade manages that job just fine :biggrin
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
RedStormV

Post by RedStormV »

Hey Hey, thought that might invoke a 'Blade' response :lol:

But how did you know I was talking about you :? :wink:

So does that mean he did have a Barbie? :confused
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Its wasnt a Barbie! It was a blonde long haired action man going through his CND stage :lol:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
RedStormV

Post by RedStormV »

You may have a Blade now but I still luvs yer!

But not in a biblical sense you understand! :wink:

Out at The Sun yesterday '09 Blade in HRC colours, didn't ignite any sparks for me..... boring colour scheme IMHO - Bike nice, looks like a pocket rocket 400 or 600 as it did last year, but the colour scheme was fookin yawn yawn, boring. Reckon one of the solid colours would look much nicer, like my mates' '08 red/burgandy one.

Do the stock ones suffer from the same front end brake chatter as the BSB & WSB ones are doing? or do they (BSB/WSB) use non-standard brake set ups?

Just askin :?
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Chatter! Chatter! The bike is so much better than me I doubt I could get it in a situation where chatter would become a problem. It is a beautiful machine to ride, to put it in context my friend (who is a bit of a hooner) has a 53 GSXR1000 and we all know how quick they are, said to me that I must have been balls out as he was struggling to keep up :eek2. I wasn't balls out at all :eek2 , that is my point! It is simple to ride quick and you feel extremely confident in the twisties. Two bad point are that it uses oil (still a young engine and I will monitor closely)and the paint is very thin in places (especially the exhaust) All I can say is that I love it!