Re: Carole Nash Insurance

Best deals in town
Frontslide

Post by Frontslide »

Out of interest have you tried ebike Tim?
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

was with cn for 9 years, let down a bit last year after my crash claim went through re insuring was a nightmare ended up with ebike, lost 8 months worth of insurance. :cry:
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Post by Seven Of Nine Firestorm »

Only thing I would add when going with insurance companies is to make sure they don't autorenewal, also don't tell them if you sell the bike, just say you are keeping it off the road else they may to charge you with a compulsary cancillation fee + huge loss of insurance, in some cases might be worth just just let it lapse run out. I got caught once like that never again. Also be carefulll of some break down services, RAC and the AA are ok, but there was another whom will only get the bike it if has been serviced fully at a maindealers, which I found bloody crazy.
Cheers for the heads up on CN and ebike will try them when mines up for renewal.
Hankie

Post by Hankie »

Thanks Timbo I'm with ebike but due for renewal on 9th April, will check out CN.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Errrr Quoted £300 pound a year more for me :eek2 I am not a young pup either :biggrin (Well I am compared to some on here :lol: :lol: )
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

I happily use CN - 46 yo 10 ncb

As it was only £25 difference between £150 TT&F or £175 FC, I plumped for Fully Comp. Did a have the additional GPz600R at no xtra cost (till the ally disintegrated due to winter salt)

I'm sure there are cheaper policies out there but the inclusive roadside recovery makes it a convenient deal. Never had to make a claim so I can't comment on that dept.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Frontslide

Post by Frontslide »

I chop and change bikes fairly frequently and the problem i found with C Nash was they would charge me £35 admin fee every time i changed, so if the bike was a higher group than previous there would be the premium increase + £35 admin fee if the bike was a lower group £35 admin fee.
With ebike i have a monthly policy so when i make a change the premium increases or decreases at the end of the following month, no admin fee 8)
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

i was with CN for the last few yrs or so untill renewal time last yr, they increased m policy by £30!! when i asked them why they couldnt explain? the post office had just started bike insurance with devitts, 40 yr old, full NCB, clean license, £92 fully comp with eu cover
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

My insurance is due for the blade on Friday so I've started looking at quotes. Just got a quote from motorcycledirect...................do you think equity redstar will be getting my business? :roll:

Rich.

slot

Post by slot »

Also with CN

£140 TP,F&T 1 Year NCB :)
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13114&p=103847#p103847
1998 VTR1000 Castrol-ish (The CCT's have been changed to protect the innocent) :D
1986 YSR250 Project
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Tell you what, this insurance is getting so cheap it's almost worth paying out for some.... :wink:

(although I have to, including business use, otherwise I can't claim expenses for using it).

Now business use for a VTR is something most insurer's can't quote for- they don't seem to understand why you might want to use a proper bike for work, and always ask:
"So is it for Pizza delivery or despatching"?

Actually, it's just to stop colleagues blagging a lift, and to stop receptionists in area offices asking if I'd just take this large box full of files back to Head Office?

Plus I can say;
"I'll be there at 9 o'clock" and be there at 9 o'clock. And in London, that takes some doing.

So with 3 yrs NCB, kept ungaraged on drive, no alarm, (but HUGE chain and sonic disc alarms) commuting, £250 excess, full business use, pillion, FC, unlimited international and free international recovery, with homestart, about £180. Can't remember who I'm with this time round.

All you gotta do is enter "about £1.60" in the box asking what it's worth!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
slot

Post by slot »

slot wrote:Also with CN

£140 TP,F&T 1 Year NCB :)
Forgot to add my 6 point's declared to ! :mrgreen:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13114&p=103847#p103847
1998 VTR1000 Castrol-ish (The CCT's have been changed to protect the innocent) :D
1986 YSR250 Project
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

stormingjoe wrote:was with cn for 9 years, let down a bit last year after my crash claim went through re insuring was a nightmare ended up with ebike, lost 8 months worth of insurance. :cry:
I thought ebike wouldn't take you on if you'd made a recent claim :?:

I'm with ebike, what I like about them is their excellent online facility. It allows you to put in all the modifications to the bike etc.

I too used to be with CN for many years before ebike.

Chris.
vtrbarmy

Post by vtrbarmy »

The thing to watch with insurance is the small print and what your excess is. typically the cheaper the company the bigger the excess. And the longer they take to sort out claims.

The other thing to watch is where you may have declared any mods. It's amazing how many companies 'forget' these - I had one the other year (who shall remain nameless), who I took through the list of mods I had made, got a good quote so took out insurance. I asked them also to confirm the list of mods in writing. Policy turns up, no list of mods, so rang them - they couldn't repeat them back and even went so far as to advise me that had I had an accident I would not have been insured as the company they put me with didn't like non-standard bikes!

Anyway for me ever since it's been CN, may not always be the cheapest, but they do custom policies, they do multi-bike policies, there is no quibble about modded bikes becuase you have to fill out a form and submit with 3 piccies.

Which is a lot more than can be said about a lot of these other insurance companies. You get what you pay for in my experience.
steveb

Post by steveb »

Timbo wrote:Been shopping around for a few weeks for insurance for both bikes on one policy. Got quotes from all the major players but thought i would share the excellent deal i got from Carole Nash.

Had a multi bike quote from Bennetts - £340, Dial-Direct, my current insurers i might add - £230. Carole Nash £136 for both bikes !!! That is less than i paid for the ZRX alone last year at DialDirect.

Added bonus to the deal, free European Breakdown Cover as well.

I should add, i am old (44), have 2 years no claims (car stolen, affects bike insurance) and 6 points. I also like cheese but i am not sure that goes against you on insurance.

If your shopping about, CN are worth a look at the moment. >> Carole Clicky

Edit - thats TPF+T.
Funny, I was with CN last year with a two bike policy - 12 months on with an extra years ncb it went down to £377.

Shopped about, Ebike was good but MCE did both bikes for £176 and with a lower excess of only £200, with ride other bikes tpo and pillion, extra to CN.

I'm sure they just make it up each year!!! Defo pays to shop about though.
Happy ridin'
-------------------------------------------------
98 Honda Firestorm in black for tarmac grin's
98 Yamaha WR250z for green lane grin's
-------------------------------------------------