Kawasaki Moto GP!

Any racing related stuff
sirch345
Site Admin

Kawasaki Moto GP!

Post by sirch345 »

This isn't looking too good for 2009 :!: Lets hope it's not a sign of the times and it doesn't happen :!:

Chris.
http://www.twowheelsblog.com/post/1450/ ... t-of-motgp
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Errrrrrrr

Will anyone apart from Tim notice? :lol: :lol:

:oops:
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Just means someone else will be last now :roll:
Rich.

Stu

Post by Stu »

Melandri could go back to Ducati :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He was soooo good before :lol:

Hopper should be ok - as it would drop under the min req another manufacturer would surely put another bike forward
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

"Kawasaki will announce it is to pull out of MotoGP on Thursday morning, leaving John Hopkins and the seemingly luckless Marco Melandri looking for a ride in 2009.

Although it isn't yet known why the firm is withdrawing, the global economic crisis must be more than a factor, especially given the boss of Suzuki has hinted today the firm is in trouble and could be for sale.

Despite the fact Kawasaki Heavy Industries is a massive company, it has never spent anything like the money Honda has on racing and because Japan's economy is in dire straits, non-essential activities are bound to be the first things to go.

This leaves MotoGP with only 17 riders on the grid for next year. "

Maybe the first in line!

I imagine the 'self fulfilling prophecy' will hit motorsport across the Globe.
Stu

Post by Stu »

RedStormV wrote:
Another manufacturer will have to fill another slot as 17 is too few in accordance with the FIM regulations - so no moto gp :(
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Stu wrote:
RedStormV wrote:
Another manufacturer will have to fill another slot as 17 is too few in accordance with the FIM regulations - so no moto gp :(
Alright, if I can swing the days off work I'll have a go.
Do you think they'll pass leathers which zip together?

The storm could do with a bit of a run.
:D
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

Its my fault.

I've just bought a ZZR and its put the mockers on 'em :cry:
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Jaglifter wrote:Its my fault.

I've just bought a ZZR and its put the mockers on 'em :cry:
:lol: :lol: I like your way of thinking John :lol:

I thought you were only having the ZZR on loan and were sitting on the cash from the SP until you found something you fancied :?:

Chris.
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

Sirch

Domestics have got in the way........... £/Euro making our annual 2 weeks in Tenerife in Feb very expensive, plus tactical error letting slip to my wife that I just paid £2600 for a load of old Velocette spares ("I can't believe you've just paid £2600 for that tatty load of old junk" etc etc...).

So it'll probably be a while.. :cry:
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I've just bought a ZZR and its put the mockers on 'em

D'you think mockers would fit a Storm?
Or are they model-specific?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
RedStormV

Post by RedStormV »

From http://www.bikesportnews.com/

Kawasaki have, this morning, confirmed they will not be fielding a factory team in the 2009 MotoGP Championship leaving John Hopkins and Marco Melandri without rides.

Despite last-minute talks with Dorna's Carmelo Ezpeleta yesterday, the firm believes they cannot justify spending the money on racing when Japan's economy is in turmoil. It is not clear yet whether Kawasaki will allow Jorge Martinez to run a Kawasaki customer team.

Kawasaki is contracted to supply bikes to the series until 2011, so will have to pay massive penalties if they don't. One way is to have a customer team like Martinez's Aspar outfit running ZX-RRs until the contract runs out.

Another is the current team manager Michael Bartholemy will fully take over, using the slightly-developed 2008 bikes with spares backing from Kawasaki.

It would seem, however, that Paul Bird's World Superbike team is safe for the time being after the factory said they will continue racing mass-produced motorcycles.

A statement from the factory reads:

Amid quickly changing business environment, Kawasaki has been promptly taking countermeasures to cope with the situation. As the world economy is not likely to recover in a short period due to the major impact of the financial crisis, Kawasaki decided to suspend its MotoGP racing activities from 2009 season onward and reallocate management resources more efficiently.

Kawasaki will continue racing activities using mass-produced motorcycles as well as supporting general race-oriented customers.

Kawasaki would like to thank all the fans and all those who have forwarded us great help.

Mr.Yoshio Kawamura, the Managing Director of Kawasaki Motors Racing B.V. deeply appreciates the contribution and the dedication brought by staff members of the MotoGP team.

So with Honda withdrawing from F1, Suzuki and Subaru from WRC and now Kwakker from motoGP, ze brown smelly stuff is hitting ze white whirly thing good and proper!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Interesting Graeme :!: A bit of a different story here though 8O
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/Jan ... kawinn.htm

Kawasaki Apparently No Longer Quitting MotoGP?
by dean adams
Thursday, January 08, 2009

The press release from Kawasaki that was due on the fifth never came; in fact little more than a stony silence ever came from Kawasaki in the new year.

It's rumored that some correspondence from Spain to Japan did happen, where it is further rumored that Dorna notified Kawasaki that in accordance with the contract that they signed (with Dorna when they joined MotoGP) that Kawasaki would be on the hook for something like 20 million Euros for each of the 2009-2011 seasons if they decided to drop out of MotoGP.

Also, an MSMA (Motorcycle Sports Manufacturers' Association) meeting happened, but details from that are not known.

Reportedly, Dorna informed several of the parties involved today that Kawasaki is no longer dropping out of MotoGP and they will field a two-rider team in 2009. The management of the team seems to be up in the air, but indications are that there will be two green MotoGP bikes on the grid this season.

ENDS

Chris.
Jaglifter wrote:Sirch

Domestics have got in the way........... £/Euro making our annual 2 weeks in Tenerife in Feb very expensive, plus tactical error letting slip to my wife that I just paid £2600 for a load of old Velocette spares ("I can't believe you've just paid £2600 for that tatty load of old junk" etc etc...).

So it'll probably be a while.. :cry:
John,
I know what you mean about the £/Euro rate thing. What you need to do is go to a country that is outside of the European Union :D
A shame about your slip of the tongue, rather expensive slip :lol: :lol:

I'm sure you'll still have fun with the ZZR :!: :D

Chris.
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

They say that 24 hours can be a lifetime in politics. Well the politics of racing is no different!!!
Chris's (Sirch) news was correct as I had provided it then these come along!!!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 811975.stm

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/0fac5f46-de5e ... 07658.html

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport ... EPI-105414

8O :cry: :cry: :cry: I for one wanted to see Melandri get back to form but....................... :?
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

We're certainly living in uncertain times in more ways than one :!:

Chris.