Performance Mods

General Bike chat
DD

Performance Mods

Post by DD »

Apart from the usual filter,cans,dyno jet What other mods have you lot done and did they make a difference?
I recently read about the restricter in the right hand header does removing it make a difference? And how about a restricter between the carbs and manifolds I heard a rumer that if you remove it you gain a bit more power.
The ballance pipe were the exhust goes to one pipe seems to be rather small do you recon that a larger diameter pipe would help?

My bike is a 03 from 01 there was a change made to the intake side of things anyone know what that change was I now it has somthing to do with emitions which usualy means suffacating the engine.
cheers Darryl
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

I've modified a set of headers before, removed the ? restrictor and also where the two pipes cross I cut and shut the headers to increase the diameter for that whole section. To be honest it did nothing noticable at all.

I think the cheapest and easiest mod from there is a fully system, conical race and a pair of stage 1 cam shafts. Camshafts are easy to fit but must be done when the bike has low milage as the journals in the head may already be worm if the bike has done alot of miles. HC pistons gives the most overall increase in power and delivery but it means a full rebuild as the cases have to be split etc as the barrels are part of the main engine cases unlike inline fours.

Del.