Second-hand parts in new pc.

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
bikerpiker

Second-hand parts in new pc.

Post by bikerpiker »

I bought a new PC a few weeks ago,my old one had been playing up for ages.
Chap at work said to wreck the Hard Drive in the old one with a hammer as i do online banking....thats right,i said banking :lol: ,and all the data is recoverable by people who know how too do it :!:

Anyway , I took hard drive out ,and there printed on a big sticker was " Not Under Warranty - Refurbished Product " 8O :o :!:

I bought in new :?: ,from a small computer shop,not one of the big retailers,but to me NEW should mean NEW ,and if not,it shouldnt be advertised/sold as new ,maybe everything else in it fas friggin refurbished as well,i didnt look :!:

Maybe i shouldnt moan aboot it too much,i did get 6 years trouble free out of it :o
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

8O Not something you would expect :!:

I did similar to an old pc I had with the hard drive, before it went to the tip. I got the metal disk out from the hard drive and cut it up with a pair of tin snips :!: I was surprised how well made it was :!:

Chris.
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Got the hard drive apart,was surprised to find 2 discs ,like cd's but thicker,almost mirror like :!:

When hit together they sound like glass,like china.
Will get the 2lb hammer into them tommorrow :twisted:
clayderman

Post by clayderman »

If ever you take a HD apart again salvage the magnets out of it, hours of endless fun, they will actually hold through your palm to the back of your hand! just don't get your fingers trapped in between them :o

It's hard to look cool carrying toilet roll.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

clayderman wrote: just don't get your fingers trapped in between them :o
I'll vouch for that one :roll:
Rich.

bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

I'd agree as well...ouch , 8O ...wonder what the discs are made of,the magnets dont look near them. :?
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Aye ,maybe in being over-cautious,,.......the worst they could do is pay off my overdraft :!:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

clayderman wrote:If ever you take a HD apart again salvage the magnets out of it, hours of endless fun, they will actually hold through your palm to the back of your hand! just don't get your fingers trapped in between them :o
Oops I forgot about those ulta strong magnets, and yes I did save them :lol: although they probably won't ever get used :wink: It was an old computer, it had windows 98 on it, I was surprised how well made the actual hard drive was :!:

Chris.