Firestorm VTR1000F (Superhawk) Recall(s)

Where all the workshop knowledge lives together.
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Firestorm VTR1000F (Superhawk) Recall(s)

Post by RedStormV »

Hi found this whilst looking for another 'alleged' recall

From this website:
http://dynamic.infrastructure.gov.au/re ... e=04/30/08

If I find anymore recalls, or info I'll edit.

Beast

Post by Beast »

Nice find... had this exact problem on my 1999 model.
But at the time i just ordered a new diaphram from Mr Honda and done it myself.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

I got a personal notification from Mr Honda himself, sent via registered mail!

Thanks for the reminder though... I'd forgotten all about it. :oops:
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
Brandonland

Re: Firestorm VTR1000F (Superhawk) Recall(s)

Post by Brandonland »

I just had a Honda 2001 Super Hawk vtr1000 blow up on me with only 33,000 miles on it I took excellent care of this bike I'm still in shock 2 weeks later no joke that bike meant so much to me it was my freedom I never would have thought in a million years 33,000 miles I figured I had another 30,000 miles easy I changed the oil on a full synthetic regular basis I think 33,000 miles is totally unacceptable how do I get a hold of Honda I feel that they owe me something I just bought this bike for $5,000 just put brand new tires on it the day before it blew that cost me over $400 literally the day before bike was running perfect I slowed down to like 25 miles an hour as I was crossing this Bridge with a beautiful Creek underneath it and as I started to roll back onto the throttle clack clap clap clack in the middle of nowhere freaking traumatized still worst day of my life and that's not a joke stranded in the middle of nowhere no cell phone towers got lucky somebody drove by that was very nice and helped me
Brandonland

Post by Brandonland »

There's got to be a recall Honda this is unacceptable 33,000 miles and from what I'm hearing on the internet these bikes are known for blowing up around 30,00 why isn't there recall where is the recall????
Brandonland

Post by Brandonland »

This is a question for Honda do you really believe that $33,000 miles is all we should get out of a bike?? I took great care of this bike and I'm 55 so you know I'm smart about how I take care of my bike..... I started writing when I was 16 I'm 55 now I've had so many bikes pretty much all of them ZX CBR R1 GSXR you know the basics I've had them all a couple of times all of them with over 33,000 miles still running perfect..... where's my bike at Honda
Brandonland

Post by Brandonland »

This is a question for Honda do you really believe that 33,000 miles is all we should get out of a bike?? I took great care of this bike and I'm 55 so you know I'm smart about how I take care of my bike..... I started writing when I was 16 I'm 55 now I've had so many bikes pretty much all of them ZX CBR R1 GSXR you know the basics I've had them all a couple of times all of them with over 33,000 miles still running perfect..... where's my bike at Honda
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I had one of those Michelin tyres once, got 8000 miles on it but never checked the pressures. Then it got a bloody puncture!
That could have killed me, so I want compensation and a new tyre foc.

I heard there was a regulator in every petrol station air pump. Can I write to them and complain?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.