Front looks dated!!

General Bike chat
elwood

Front looks dated!!

Post by elwood »

I shall probably get some abuse for this but here goes. You guys have all experienced it I'm sure, you're sitting there looking at the wife one quiet Friday night. You know you love her more than anything, you wouldn't want to be parted. She makes some fantastic noises and the ride is still superb, but you just have that nagging thought that perhaps a little plastic surgery would finish off the job perfectly.

Well, I had this experience with my VTR the other day. I love it, I don't want to change it, the ride is great and it sounds like sex on wheels but it just looks a little dated from the front. That headlight just doesn't push my button anymore. It's time for plastic surgery!!

Can anyone tell me where I can find a fairing/headlight combination, something along the lines of the CBR600rr or the new R6/R1, that will fit the VTR.

P.S.
Don't tell my wife!!
All twinned up:-)
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Elwood,

Funny you should mention this, only thinking the same myself today. Found that powerbronze do a twin headlight conversion thingy for the storm which works out at £175 colour matched, Hmmm interesting me thinks.

http://www.powerbronze.co.uk

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
W@zzA

Front

Post by W@zzA »

My exact thoughts :idea: Ive been trying to get a new shape cbr6 top fairing for ages (just a knackerd one) as I already have a knackerd storm side fairing, then I can offer them up on the bike to find out if it will look OK the mutts nuts I think 8)

As for the powerbronze kit it still leaves you with the outline of the original headlight and makes it look even more dated than updated :!:

Warren
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Wot about the NSR125 one in the first page of the gallery (on the home page)?

Ben
thehazmatguy

Post by thehazmatguy »

This is the most mouth watering thing I have seen yet for the VTR1000. I just can't figure out how much it is!!!

http://www.magicalracing.co.jp/LineUp/9 ... 0f_en.html
You know the Austin Powers movies? I have always wanted to date someone like Allota Fagina... but I always seem to date her sister Sandy.
--------------------------------------
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Nice one, the lights look more sp1 which is much better. Mind you Daz's baby in the gallery take's some beating. Its nice though to look at different VTR's, cheers Chris.
thehazmatguy wrote:This is the most mouth watering thing I have seen yet for the VTR1000. I just can't figure out how much it is!!!

http://www.magicalracing.co.jp/LineUp/9 ... 0f_en.html