Tinycators(mini indicators)

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
yorkylancs

Tinycators(mini indicators)

Post by yorkylancs »

Just fitted some small indicators by motrax,only prob i have now is the large gap around them.I have seen them little plastic,inserts that you stick in the fairing,and mount the indicator on top of,does any body know if they are available for the storm,or do any other models fit?? :CheersD
yorkylancs

Post by yorkylancs »

Cheers,will have to put up with the holes,shame really as they are nice pieces of kit and really bright,not like the rears,from killerkawasaki.Mot man laughed at them!! will think of summat,another bodge in the pipeline! :D
Drac

Post by Drac »

no one near you to give a price for plastic welding mate?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I did find some of those plastic things to cover the holes on the rear of the bike after fitting LED indicators to my Storm. I think the ones I had were for a Yamaha of some sort. If that's what you want (for the rear) let me know and I will try to find out exact info for you,

Chris.
yorkylancs

Post by yorkylancs »

Thanks,have checked out the motrax indy spacers,at my local bike shop,on the back of the packet,they list Cbr600,SP1 etc,but not storm. Took them outside,and they looked well to small to cover the hole,seems the storm has a bigger hole than those particular models.No worries thanks all... :D
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Had the same problem, but I'd already bought the covers without measuring up....
in the end I fitted the teardrop shaped flush ones which fit fine and cover the hole.
Pass a MOT, too.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
yorkylancs

Post by yorkylancs »

Tony there only seems to be two sizes of cover,so you are saying the larger ones fit O.K.Cheers Yorky.. :D
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Well here's my Indy Spacers from Motrax, they do the job for me ok :D
They are meant for the R1, 2002 onwards and the R6, 2003 onwards, as you can see on the chart :!:

Chris.
yorkylancs

Post by yorkylancs »

Sorry mate should have been a bit clearer,it was the fronts i was after.Anyhow managed to shape a bit of ally that does the job,its been vaq blasted and laquered,just stuck the original rubbers on,with loctite glue,strong stuff...Sorry about pics getting a bit dusky here.Cheers. :D [img][img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh26 ... bay067.jpg[/img][/img]
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Yorky,

No worries mate, glad you got it sorted :!: It looks good in the pic 8)

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

yorkylancs wrote:Tony there only seems to be two sizes of cover,so you are saying the larger ones fit O.K.Cheers Yorky.. :D
Ah well I didn't make myself totally clear there now did I.

What I've actually fitted is the Motrax Mini Fairing Indicators part no. WL08.

They need a tiny hole drilling either end of the hole in the fairing, but look (IMO) the biz once fitted.

Sorry for the misconfusion caused by my partomission and bifurcation of the Queen's English.

Or something.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.