Rather Loud

General Bike chat
DD

Rather Loud

Post by DD »

Well after a 1000km on the stock pipes (sounding some what like my old mans 4x4 suzuki single farm bike with the choke half out) I put a pair of Scorpions on shezzz..... loud thought you lot in the UK had noise restricions? Any how very well made, not bad for the English :wink:
They even help me not to here my bad gear changes :oops:
cheers Darryl
SiJ

Post by SiJ »

I'd agree Darryl.....nothing better than a 'Storm on open pipes :wink:

We do have noise restrictions over here limiting us to 98dB i believe but most of the guys on this list will join me in saying you'll be pretty hard pushed to find a 'Storm without at least race cans....

We recently had a get together with 30+ 'Storms the vast majority on open pipes and what a sound!!!!!
Si
Rich

Post by Rich »

l've got scorpions on mine and when l rev it my 3 year old runs off crying, now thats what l call a bike ! :twisted:
Pipstorm

Post by Pipstorm »

i have oval titanium arts on mine and the dog runs a bloody mile when she gets started, kids love it though
Zimma

Post by Zimma »

Got a set of Hi-Level twin outlet BlueFlames - Cut to half length. Loud is an understatement, 105dB on idle. :twisted:

You just can't beat the sound of a 1000cc V-Twin with open pipes. :D
grinner

Post by grinner »

I'd love some advice on this...
What would be a 'nice' sounding legal can? I have leo vinci's and they're too much! I can't risk the attention round here.
What's a good half way house, as the stock pipes are a bit measly?
sirch345
Site Admin

rather loud

Post by sirch345 »

Ive got Scorpions on mine, there are louder ones available by different manufacture's. What I like is the nice deep note they make,
cheers Chris.
grinner

Post by grinner »

Are you folks using the road or race versions? as long as they have the deep grumble...
Teamslug

Road Legal Cans

Post by Teamslug »

Grinner
I used to have Art race cans on my storm and i loved em, but i didnt like the attention they got so i bought some Carbon Can Company road legal stainless steel oval cans and they are excellent they look good and sound good for road cans and "loosen up nicely" with a few miles on em they are expensive though compared to race cans but i thought it was worth it have a look at their web site http://www.carboncan.co.uk
SiJ

Post by SiJ »

Grinner

Try and get to hear a set of the high level MIGS if you're after a set of cans.

I think they're classed as race cans however they're very quiet ones. Bit louder than road legal but not at all offensive. Look the muts as well.
Si
Robbe

Post by Robbe »

SiJ wrote:Grinner

Try and get to hear a set of the high level MIGS if you're after a set of cans.

I think they're classed as race cans however they're very quiet ones. Bit louder than road legal but not at all offensive. Look the muts as well.
Yip, Carbon migs are quiet, unless you take out the restrictor baffle like what i has done. Then they go from being nice to being Very Nice :twisted:
Bit of a weird noise from them.
Only bike i came across at Rossendale show that was louder was a Harley with open slash cut pipes.

Robb
DD

Post by DD »

grinner wrote:I'd love some advice on this...
What would be a 'nice' sounding legal can? I have leo vinci's and they're too much! I can't risk the attention round here.
What's a good half way house, as the stock pipes are a bit measly?
If the Scorpions wer'nt free with the bike then I was going to get Staintune these pipes have removable baffel restricters so you can chose your noise level. http://www.staintune.com.au
cheers Darryl
grinner

Post by grinner »

thanks for the advice, will have to search out some examples to listen to!
If the scorpions sound good in road trim I may go for those. People seem to like them.
Thanks again.

Any offers for the vinci's will be taken seriously!
sirch345
Site Admin

grinner

Post by sirch345 »

My Scorpions are race cans, but I was looking at the road versions recently and it looks like the only difference is the removable baffle, which appears to be very easy to remove/replace as its fitted at the exit of the can (at the rear) I feel it wise to checkout this info with Scorpion just to make absolutely sure for yourself. I must say iam very impressed with mine, they give more low down grunt, the engine picks up quicker and I recon you gain a few more ponies, the best bit with race cans is car drivers actually realise you're there before they see you, hth,
cheers Chris.
kingster

cans

Post by kingster »

Hi

I have some round Art cans that were on the 'storm when I bought her, and boy were they loud. First time out, I set off the neighbours car alarm!

Thought it might be a bit TOO antisocial :? so ordered some re-packing stuff from the chaps at Renegade and drilled out the rivets and replaced the burned out shite and put the rivets back in and after a lot of work and some replacement (expensive) gasket things the 'storm sounds VERY nice! (sure was a lot of 'ands' in there!)

Chris