NWS Hugger

General Bike chat
t00lkit

NWS Hugger

Post by t00lkit »

Bought a hugger (black type) from NWS last week, but couldn't fit it due to the holes not lining up and it not clearing the tyre on the rhs (with 2 screws fitted.)

Sent it back and asked for a replacement.

Has anyone else had this same problem with a hugger from NWS, or is it just a one-off?
Had no problems when I fitted one on my previous bike.

Regards
t00lkit
t00lkit

Hugger

Post by t00lkit »

Ended up getting my money back for the hugger. They couldn't guarentee that another one would fit either, apparantly they have issues with the Storm!.

Can anyone recommend one that fits well for around £70.

Disappointed
t00lkit
Nick

Post by Nick »

I recently bought a standard black hugger from M&P for £49. They said it was made by Powerbronze but there are no identifying marks on it to confirm that. It fits fine and looks OK. The only negative comments I would make are that the bracket on the RHS is a bit agricultural (but most of it is hidden when the hugger is fitted) and the chain guard portion is short and does not fit right up to the front sprocket cover. It leaves about 2 " of the chain run exposed. I was a bit concerned until I saw a Thundercat with the same type of hugger fitted and that was also short. I assume they must all be like that and it hasn't caused me any problems.

I think it is OK for the price.

Hope this helps.

Nick.
SiJ

Post by SiJ »

Pyramid plastics carbon one mate.

Fits great, looks good, retains original hose mounts and you can fit the original chainguard over the top of it.
Si
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

I'll get a price for a carbon one later tonight as I'm meeting me carbon man.

Del.
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

Just asked him and can get a Carbon fibre hugger for £75, there are a bit like the NWS ones. Also picked up one for a 600 bandit and the quality is really good. Takes about 2 to 4 weeks as made to order.

Del.
t00lkit

Carbon Hugger

Post by t00lkit »

Del

Probably will go for the carbon hugger. Any chance you could send me a pic before i buy, even if its one of the bandit.

Let me know what I need to do re payment etc, send me a message or e-mail me at tonyb@f2s.com

cheers
t00lkit
t00lkit

Cheers

Post by t00lkit »

Del

Got your mail, huggers looked good, sent you an e-mail (and a post)

A carbon one it is.

Cheers
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

Photo's of Huggers and Belly Pans Forsale in the Show Off section of Gallery

Del.
t00lkit

Hugger from Del fitted

Post by t00lkit »

I've posted a couple of pics in the show off section of the gallery showing my new carbon fibre hugger fitted.

It was supplied by Del and it is a top quality piece of kit, the pics really don't do it justice. It bit dark this time of the year for my cheap camera.

It was a doddle to fit, fitted first time, not like my NWS one (sorry NWS) and makes the bike look even better.

Cheers Del.
toolkit