Another New Member

General Bike chat
chromedome

Another New Member

Post by chromedome »

I have just discovered this forum, and it appears I have found a really useful resource for tips, info.

I'm on my second Firestorm; the first was killed by a u-turning car, although someone has bought it salvage and hopefully put it back on the road. I am now riding a '98 model in red.

Mods so far are mainly cosmetic - hugger, tinted double-bubble screen etc., but I have had the forks re-worked by Maxton Engineering and fitted PFM Supersport discs and braided brake hoses. I have also raised the rear using a 4mm spacer.

This has resulted sharper steereing, much improved stopping, and great feel from the front. I need to get the rear to match now.

I am also replacing the very loud Art low-level cans with high-level Staintune items - they should arrive in the next few weeks.
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

Welcome aboard!!
blackstorm

Post by blackstorm »

Welcome on board. Bike sounds nice. quite a few storm owners from the Oxfordshire area on the site so may see you around. Check out the big GT threads if you fancy a day out
All the best
Phil
philm

fitting your new staintunes

Post by philm »

yo chromedome
Welcome to this site.I have the hi-level staintunes fitted to my 'storm,
They can be a bit tricky to fit! If you have any problems,post on this site and I'll see if I can help you out.If you want to see how they look fitted,
check out the misc.section in the photo gallery.Its there under my blue
vtr with clear indicators pic.There's quite a good rear view of the bike,
regards Philm/stormboy
philm/Stormboy
chromedome

Post by chromedome »

Cheers Stormboy

I hope my bike looks a s good as yours with the Staintunes. If I get any problems with fitting, I'll take you up on your offer of advice.

Matt