run great handled great
most uncomfortable bike i have ever rode
i have a bit of a gut the tank pushes me back have to reach for the bars
and the harris adjustable pegs are crap
any ideas didnt have this prob with gsxr or zxr
may get some bar risers and standerd pegs what you think
newbie2

Post by newbie2 »

i took mine out today for the first ride also, i was only out for around 20 mins and i had to come back home because my hands were hurting !
never had this problem with other bikes.
Dazjm

Post by Dazjm »

First time i rode the bike, my hands and wrists hurt after about 10 mins.

Ive changed nothing consiously, maybe my body has learned a new position, or gotten used to it, but it doesnt hurt anymore.

Bar risers, im heard, can help.
newbie2

Post by newbie2 »

yep im watching 2 pair on ebay :wink:
will the fairing have to be modified for clearance if i fit risers ?
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

I have risers on mine, does make quite a large difference to riding position, its a lot more upright. It does lessen the wrist pain to quite an extent and theres no fairing mods so they fit straight on!

As for rearsets ive no idea....you know you want to swap them for some standards though *hint hint* lol!

(are the rearsets not adjustable, could you reposition them to make it more comfortable?)
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

practice self abuse makes the wrists stronger, apparantly :lol: :lol:
solorider

Post by solorider »

im fiting vfr bars,these do mean you have to mod the fairing but as i have some extra holes for some small indiacators i dont mind too much but it will mean a lot better riding position
yanto

Post by yanto »

newbie2 wrote:yep im watching 2 pair on ebay :wink:
will the fairing have to be modified for clearance if i fit risers ?
i am watching them too :evil:
Squiffythewombat wrote:(are the rearsets not adjustable, could you reposition them to make it more comfortable?)
yea but cant get them low enough :cry:
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

Grip the tank wit yer knees..and go faster so the windblast.eases the weight on yer wrists.... :twisted:
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
yanto

Post by yanto »

Zer0Zer0 wrote:Grip the tank wit yer knees..and go faster so the windblast.eases the weight on yer wrists.... :twisted:
its my legs and gut that hurts legs to high and forward
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Join a gym? :)

The rearsets won't help. Other than that the riding position isn't extreme at all IMHO and def less focused than GSXR.

The angle of the handlebars can make a difference to wrist pain - try loosing the clip on and moving them forwards. I used to have mine quite high - up to the top of the fork tube (without the circlip on) and never had any probs, but now I use the TDM for touring so I have put tham back down.

Different bits ache on different bikes - its a question of doing a 500 miles or something and getting used to it, I think .
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

yanto

Post by yanto »

i have no problem with wrists found that ok going out in a mo going to seee what i can do with the footrests
lee67

Post by lee67 »

you will get used to the position, ive just got one after nearly 2 yrs on a tl1000s.......my storm has firblade front end and spondon clipons..so lower still..but just got back after a 200 mile ride and no probs and i aint a young lad...stick with it :wink:
skinner

Post by skinner »

Dazjm wrote:First time i rode the bike, my hands and wrists hurt after about 10 mins.

Ive changed nothing consiously, maybe my body has learned a new position, or gotten used to it, but it doesnt hurt anymore.

Bar risers, im heard, can help.
your right there mate, i,ve been riding an XJR 1300 for years then I got knocked off it , after recovery i decided to buy a storm while i was fixing my XJR up, i was aching first couple of times out, but went up to Mallaig with my mate a few weeks back with no problem and thats a few hundred miles there and back, your body just gets used to it. Problem is now that my body is OK the bike is f---ed, i was out yesterday and there was a clattering sound coming from the engine, so I guess its the CCT,s thats always mentioned in this forum, I,m checking it out.
I used to be indescisive,now I,m not so sure
newbie2

Post by newbie2 »

yep its true, ive been out again today on the bike and i was alot more comfortable riding it, i rode it for twice aslong as yesterday and my wrists only slightly ached.
still going to buy some risers, can the handle bars be loosened and turned slightly towards the headlight so they are a little straighter ?