what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
lloydie

Re: what have you done to your storm today

Post by lloydie »

Timbo wrote:Right!!! I know this is a VTR Forum but there are quite a few on here who dont have Storms any more.

We either need this thread renaming to "What have you done to your bike today?" (Note the addition of the ?, the title is a question) or i am going to have to start a "what have you done to your Rocket today?" thread :)
there you go :lol:
lloydie

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by lloydie »

not a thing waiting for parts :D
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

today i finally got round to fitting the yacugar spring to the rear shock...
cleaned the damper up good but it's not going on just yet as the s/a is getting coated this week :)
getting a bit impatient now tho tbh, havent ridden it for too long :(
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Richy

Post by Richy »

Forks refitted and torqued up, (after being Roger'd) front end rebuilt.

Rear suspension changed for Technoflex one. Just need to follow the setup instructions next for the front forks.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

i brought some of them hong kong levers on friday and they were on my door mat this morning
the quality is excellent i had some on my blade from china that had little play in them but these have none very
happy with £30 spent i have one word for those who spend £100+ on levers. MUPPETS lol
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

+1 on the levers mate. I ordered mine last week and they arrived two days ago. They look very nice on the bike and the quality seems really good. :thumbup:

:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Prepped and fettled the storm ready for a jaunt to darkest North Lincolnshire. Are they still hot on speeding?
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

FirestormMike wrote:This.....

8O 8O 8O

Off for powdercoat tomorrow. :thumbup:

Mike someones stolen your engine.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

Wicky wrote:Prepped and fettled the storm ready for a jaunt to darkest North Lincolnshire. Are they still hot on speeding?
Lincs police....hot on speeding???

Don't think I have ever been bothered about the plod went kicking on a bit, might just be me though??
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

pinkyfloyd wrote:
FirestormMike wrote:This.....

8O 8O 8O

Off for powdercoat tomorrow. :thumbup:

Mike someones stolen your engine.
and sending the belly pan to me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Today I had forensics out dusting my bike for prints after some chavy scumbag dropped in during the night. I woke up and opened my birthday cards and pressies from the family and decided to take a walk into town with the other half to get some breakfast before going for my tattoo appointment and as I walked upto the bike I knew something was amiss. The disc lock reminder lying on the floor was a dead give away along with the stain of what looked like oil under the bike. Walked around to the far side to find the brake lever had been bent, the mirror was bent inwards against the fairing and further examination uncovered the right hanger had been snapped. Someone either tried to steal it, rolled it forward until the brake caliper hit the disc lock and then dropped it, or was playing silly buggers sitting on it and dropped it. Either way its been over on its side.

Of course its Datatooled and no one heard a thing so the battery is practically dead. I did manage to start her up for mr policeman when he came to have a look and take pics of the damage but the throttle is now sticking. (any advice on that part). So what I done to my bike today is ordered new levers and a new hanger assembly and had the bike dusted for finger prints.

The damage:

And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

kinell m8 fiddler.

no panel damage??? tank??

the throttle might justve been knocked back a bit. it will probably adjust itself if you loosen un the throttle housing / switchgear and reposition it.

hope they catch the fkers m8
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

To be honest I havent really had a good go over the bike. Going to do that tomorrow but seems no real damage apart from whats mentioned. Theres a few scratches on the exhaust but since the prev owner dropped it on the other side at low speed they now match up. The foot peg itself is trashed on the underside. But the fairings seem ok. One or 2 scratches but nothing I cant sort out with a little cover up paint. Just hoping the throttle hasnt bust a spring or something.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

anyway..... today i sandblasted the swing arm & coated it, fitted a new chain guide ready for putting bearings in and fitting to the bike with new shocker :D

also scored a 100cc big bore kit, big valve head & race cam for my ped!!! :D
alec

Post by alec »

I've been trying to work out your location Benny since i became a member, and i've just worked out what it says, call me lightning eh :!:
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image