what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
gl_s_r

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by gl_s_r »

I didn't do anything but had my own "spanner money" on it... test fitting some bits

Starting to see the benefits of having a "carlos" and why Agent P keeps him close.
Why ask... sometime you just go to do it and find out?
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

She's a better looking spanner monkey than me :biggrin Where can I get one of them. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

cybercarl wrote:She's a better looking spanner monkey than me :biggrin Where can I get one of them. :lol:

yup, can I place an order for one as well :lol:
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Me to please sorry Carl
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

if carl looked like that, i'd have to show him my special parts stash upstairs in the spare bedroom......MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
:Behind 2:
mark, you sir are a lucky man....... :wink:

WHOO WHOO WHOO stop right there mark, you never let the spanner monkey have a cuppa tea whilst working, thats spoiling them, yes a cuppa tea/coffee every 4 hours maybe, but not whilst working... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
you have lots to learn young jedi.... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
gl_s_r

Post by gl_s_r »

It's a woman..... so it'll be a hot chocolate and as she makes my tea at the same time I let her get away with it. :lol:
Why ask... sometime you just go to do it and find out?
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

gl_s_r wrote:It's a woman..... so it'll be a hot chocolate and as she makes my tea at the same time I let her get away with it. :lol:
you big softy........ :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
ernie234

Post by ernie234 »

cleaned it for the first time today ready for getting shut getting blackbird thursday on a 07 plate.
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

agentpineapple wrote: WHOO WHOO WHOO stop right there mark, you never let the spanner monkey have a cuppa tea whilst working, thats spoiling them, yes a cuppa tea/coffee every 4 hours maybe, but not whilst working... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
you have lots to learn young jedi.... :wink:
I'm beginning to feel a wee bit of sympathy for carl. It must addle his brain being your bike bitch, so much so he dreams of crazy stuff, like artexing clutch casings etc. Poor carl :(
ernie234

Post by ernie234 »

i wish my mrs would clean my bike it would saved me doing it, but then if she had her way there would be no bike women either love them or hate them mine hates them so no pillion rideing for her so i can get lost without here, sound as pound.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Just taken the front cylinder head off my bike to do drill out the exhaust studs. I'm going to give the whole lot a de-coke and clean up before putting it all back together. The piston has got a hell of a lot of carbon build up. I may even get 10 or 15 though skimmed off the head while it's off. Exhaust valves have a fair bit of carbon on but the inlets are not so bad.

At the start with the studs

And after a few hours and bad back later from drilling with Cobolt drill bits

I have got nowhere. :( :( I give up, going to take to an Engineering shop to drill out and tap. Hopefully if I take it tomorrow I will have back the next day. And then I can get the bike back together.

==============================Enter the Darkside
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Another rather productive day today. Travelled to Lloydies house. He had the garage open ready for me to roll the bike in :thumbup: Got my rear shock set up with a little head scratching :roll: Then re packed the exhausts. The messed around with the front suspension settings. After all this we found the bike sat a lot lower on the butt end so what did we do. Refit the 6mm shock spacer. I can still touch the ground with both feet easily but on my god what a difference. The steering is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo light its unbelieveable. Any of you who have rode Lloyds bike imagine his steering and then lighten it a bit more 8O It's almost scary but feels sooo good :thumbup: :biggrin :biggrin

Can't wait to see what happens when I get some sticky tyres over winter or early next year :crazy:

Met up with another forum member (scouse) and all 3 of us have several cups of coffee (made by Lloydie) and biscuits (supplied by me) Scouse learnt a few new things as did I. Was a good day and thanks again Lloyd :thumbup: Top man :thumbup:

How much more pre load do people think I will need to add when me and the missus go to France? She is about 12stone kitted, plus 2 paniers and a tank bag? Just to get a rough idea where to start.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

cybercarl wrote:She's a better looking spanner monkey than me :biggrin Where can I get one of them. :lol:

can we have a look from the other side??? and of the bike???
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

i had ck and scouse over today 8O ck to do some work and scouse to drink tea and eat hobnos :lol: .

i removed the flywheel from sebs engine oh and drank lots of tea and munched hobnobs :thumbup:
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

What do you mean coffee does weird things to do? I thought that was normal :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: