Old bloke trying to kill himself

General Biker Banter
Watty

Re: Old bloke trying to kill himself

Post by Watty »

Kev L wrote:The reason for using Virgin over Justgiving is they take less/none of the money donated to service the site, where JustGiving absorb a proportion. The ticking of boxes to indicate you're a UK national/tax payer means they can claim gift aid from the Govt, which increases the value of your donation. So all to the good.
Thanks very much for the donation Carl.
Anyone else feeling generous out there? I would really appreciate the support as would CRY a very worthy cause.
Thanks
Hope you continue to improve buddy :thumbup: . That's a bit of good info on the "giving" sites Kev as I was wondering which one to use when we do our 3 peaks challenge in June in memory of Neil and in aid of a mental health charity. Just checked and I did donate to you buddy :thumbup: so come on gang get ya hands in ya pockets for Kev :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Murv

Post by Murv »

Bloody hell mate, that's a hell of a challenge, very best of luck to you!

I will put a couple of quid in right now :thumbup:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Cheers Murv, you're a gentleman :clap:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Thanks for the vote of confidence Watty :thumbup:
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Well it's about six weeks away now and the training is ramping up.
Yesterday involved three hours of running and today has involved 24 hours of limping! Whoopee doo!
Joking apart it takes much longer to get over these long training runs at 55 than it ever did when I did it before. Ain't it marvellous getting old!
I would like to thank everyone who has sponsored me already and ask that anyone else who is in a position to spare a few bob sticks their name down please, it really is a worthy cause which supports folk who have lost people and also arrange to identify individuals that may have these undiagnosed heart conditions.
Please, please help to reduce the number of families and friends who have to deal with the loss of a young loved one. The death of 12 young people a week is way to many.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Link saved big man and I will send some in a week or two and good luck with the training and recovery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Cheers Lloydie, you're a Gent :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

The countdown has really started...

Loads of these gone up around the borough in the past week or so & letters have been sent out to all the residents warning of said road closures & parking restrictions...

Next week I expect to see the piles of barriers arriving...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

kevs got piles as well!!!!!!!!!! going to make running more of a struggle than usual
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

AMCQ46 wrote:kevs got piles as well!!!!!!!!!! going to make running more of a struggle than usual

:lol: :lol:

No more than the stopping every few miles to change the colostomy bag...allegedly... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

"Why I oughta..........." :lol:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Just a bump to encourage the kind hearted members on here to loosen off the padlocks on their wallets and stick a couple of bob on the page -

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundrai ... vinLuxford

Tonight was my last training run so the next time out will be Sundays little jog!!!
Thanks for your support chaps :clap: :clap:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Good luck on Sunday. What time are you hoping to do?
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Depends on the buses!
Watty

Post by Watty »

AMCQ46 wrote:Good luck on Sunday. What time are you hoping to do?
Finish :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!