wheelie help...once again...

General Bike chat
BP team

Post by BP team »

OK, i'm happy you've tried to speak french. as for me i like to speak english but talking about bike is not easy in an other language. I have had to learn vocabulary about bike and driving in reading many subject in this website. And i'm still learning coz sometimes there are currently (fluently) expressions. Just an advice about using internet automatic translators. Just use it to translate a word or 2 but the translation of a sentence is not efficient and it could give "unanderstandable" sentences.
I look on a map to find cavalaire. it's in the south France in mediterranée insn't it? I live in Laval in the north west France (it's near Le mans, you should know this city...) far from cavalaire!

if you (geoff, wayneM or everyone else) want to speak french or to learn a little more of French, no problem for me. just give me a private message in french or create a new subject as you want! i'll be happy to answer in english or french as wanted.
I'm happy to see an other man doing wheelies in VTR coz all my friends have street CBR or 1200bandits.i'm alone with my sport bike in the group!
A +
Enjoy
Oliv'

PS : "A+" means goodbye - see you next or soon, in french. :wink:
smokin joes

Post by smokin joes »

Hi
I know le mans, not well, but I do go to aplace called St jean d Mont occasionaly.
Its in the Vendee, very nice.

Just fitted some stronger springs in the clutch, cant wait to try it out.

My friend is going to do a video of me pulling a few wheelies, I will post it on here !! hahahahahaha for you all to laugh at.

Geoff M
Sex is like air. It only becomes really important when you aren't getting any.
BP team

Post by BP team »

I was in st Jean de monts for 1 week on hollidays this summer. Going to St Jean de Mont, I passed (doubled?) two 900CBR on the rear wheel with my tent and my luggages fixed on my bike! might be you know them...
:wink:
I've also a video of me and my friend doing wheelies during a training session. But it's on a VHS and i haven't the material to put it on internet. F**K! I would have been happy to show it to you. me on the rear wheel or doing lot of stoppies. My friends doing fenwick or other tricks. and also my first try to pull my bike up without clutching (for you to laught at it too). I just have photos.
I'm impatient to see your video. Tell me when and the URL to see it. Did you ever go to 24h du mans? :?:
enjoy :wink:
A+
Oliv'
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

think i've sussed this wheely malarky......

tried as previously suggested........couldnt get much more than the odd bumping and skipping a bit.....

stuuck wife on the back (told her to hang on tight)...........

Voila !!!!!!!!!!

instant huge wheelies (well, they felt huge in comparison).........

prolly looks good too, 2 up, nice smooth wheelies.....

just one downside tho........

She wasnt impressed, and smacked me in the knackers afterwards !!!!!!!

Ho hum........ :oops:
smokin joes

Post by smokin joes »

Ahh, the old "smack in the knackers" they ALL do that sir.

Whilst out on an "excoursion" with Stormin Ben, having ridden all day with the wife on the back, and kept the front wheel down as well, I finally cracked, we were at some lights, Ben "egged me on" so i did it, and promptly got a dig in the kidneys and a bollocking when we got home.

Two up wheelies are great, and easy, easy to flip it as well.

SHE generally is ok with it, apart from when I dont warn her,

Never mind, back to work...

Geoff M
BP team

Post by BP team »

My first wheelies in 2nd gear were with a friend behind me. Agree with "Two up wheelies are great, and easy, easy to flip it as well".
When i have a friend behind me, so do i! I try to keep the front wheel down as well, and finally crack. sometime they are not very happy but the worst for them are stoppies as they told me....
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

LOONATIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
smokin joes

Post by smokin joes »

You gotta luv him !!!

Getting a video done to post on here with instructions and commentary on how to get it up !!hehehe

Geoff M
welshy

Post by welshy »

Just got some good video footage this weekend with my new vtr. Not really a wheelie instructional video (seeing as it's pointing forward from my mirror). Just getting used to a VTR again after the supermoto so no gear changes yet (2-3-4 soon....) but back into the standing up wheelie routine again. Anyway I can post the footage somewhere if you guys wanna see it?
Welshy :-)
Bikeless :-(
BP team

Post by BP team »

A Video Geoff M !? I'm waiting for it. tell me when and the url.
Welshy, i'd like to see your video too. where do you want to post it? do you want an e mail? or can you give me an URL?
Oliv'
welshy

Post by welshy »

I can email it to you.

Will download to the PC the weekend and edit together a little compilation with some music maybe.....(ohh ark me getting all artsy!!)
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

I'm alsways up for a bit of bikey video to watch.
Could you mail it to me too at

BenHolland@beeb.net

Cheers
dynamite

wheelie advice

Post by dynamite »

Ive read everything and nothing seems to work! My storm will wheelie no problem in 1st off the throttle but it wont even wheelie off the clutch in second it just bogs down it doesnt even come up a little bit!i was told the storm wheelied no problem off the the clutch in 2nd? am i doing something wrong?i wait til about 5000rpm then flick the clutch and give it a handfull and nothing!any advice?has anyone else had this problem?
Please help!

Matt
Burn Rubber Not Your Soul!
welshy

Post by welshy »

Matt.

Sounds like your not giving it enough throttle. Don't be worried about flipping it just get use to it coming up. You will close the throttle straight away anyway! 5K revs is a little bit high for me. I usually prefer 20-30 MPH (3-4K revs. With the clutch it's not the revs you start at thats important (will come up anywhere from 10-50MPH off the clutch in second!) it's how much you open the throttle (slower start speed = less throttle, higher start speed = more throttle) so at 5K revs you need to give it a pretty big handful. Just try riding along on a quiet road trying different start speed/revs and amout of throttle opening. When I started out I was getting 1 in 5 right. Only up for a second or so. You can work on distance/style later. It will come up, just be patient.
BP team

Post by BP team »

You can send me your video at olivierpautre@caramail.com
Thanks
Oliv'