Spilt Custard...

General Bike chat
MacV2

Re: Spilt Custard...

Post by MacV2 »

bigtwinthing wrote:
MacV2 wrote:
RedStormJ wrote:Dont make him laugh. Yellow just isnt fast enough. By the way good sir I am glad nothing major got dinged up too bad apart from maybe some pride. Good news is ribs heal quick.

Oh me pride was dented a long time ago...about when I had to put a yella Storm in the MacCave...

Scuffed up me Carbon Lid which is the reall bummer...

you were lucky, but glad your ok. Minor graze to a minor helmet ( that shouldn't be said in a pub as it sounds bad)
Oi you keep my helmet out of this...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

turbo_billy wrote:Glad you got off reasonably lightly Mac. :?
Look on the bright side, yours will be cheaper to fix than Marquezs at Phillip Island........ :thumbup: :lol:
Good point...unfortunatley that git throwing down the road made me laugh...which bloody smarts...the git...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bazzashadow wrote:I had the same thing happen
bike is back on the road but I`m still suffering( sorry didn`t need to hear that)
did you have a CAT scan?
I didn`t and they missed my collapsed lung and a week later found out I had internal bleeding, so like you say mac stay still
they gave me slow releasing morphine :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
hope you get well soon mac :thumbup:
Jeezus, a collapsed lung can be picked up with a stethoscope, how the fek did they miss that...?
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

sirch345 wrote:I'm sorry to hear of this Mac, it just goes to show how easily something like this can happen.
Wishing you well in your recovery,

Chris.
Cheers Chris. :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Cadbury64 wrote:Sorry to hear of your escapades, Mac. I had an off last year and cracked a couple of ribs so can sympathize. Try and avoid sneezing if you can, I'm one of those people that always sneeze three times, so after the first shot of pain, you know two more are on their way soon...

Get well soon.
So far not had any sneezing but yeah I know what you mean about them coming in threes...something to look forward to I suppose...NOT!
macdee

Post by macdee »

Good job you were on the yellow bike Mac
Imagin what speed you would have going on a red bike
Get well soon
told you not to but oh no you knew better
templ8

Post by templ8 »

Get well soon Mac

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

oooh bad sh1t big man :sad2 . suppose it could have been worse so get well soon mac.

thats what happens when you arnt used to riding fast yellow storms :eek2 :eek2 :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

fabiostar wrote:oooh bad sh1t big man :sad2 . suppose it could have been worse so get well soon mac.

thats what happens when you arnt used to riding fast yellow storms :eek2 :eek2 :eek2
PAH! I ride the thing every bloody day man...350 miles aweek...It's harder swapping over to the Red 'un as I don't ride that so often & I have to recalibrate brain & wrist as it has diff brakes & a QAT on it...Oh & of course it's much faster being RED... :lol: :lol: ...ouch! dammit
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

macdee wrote:Good job you were on the yellow bike Mac
Imagin what speed you would have going on a red bike
Get well soon
:lol: :lol: ...ouch! ... Git... stop making me laugh... :lol: ...ouch...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

MacV2 wrote:
Cadbury64 wrote:Sorry to hear of your escapades, Mac. I had an off last year and cracked a couple of ribs so can sympathize. Try and avoid sneezing if you can, I'm one of those people that always sneeze three times, so after the first shot of pain, you know two more are on their way soon...

Get well soon.
So far not had any sneezing but yeah I know what you mean about them coming in threes...something to look forward to I suppose...NOT!
UPDATE...Did have a nice cough today...well when I say nice I mean feking painful...nice big grolly...proper lump of mucus, only it had some blood in it, which probably isn't very good really is it...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

If you have codeine based pain killers codeine can acts as a cough suppressant too. :thumbup: Maybe breath in some Eucalyptus (Obus oil) too as this is not only an anti bacterial (I think) but will help loosen the mucus so you don't have to cough it up. stick a few drops in some hot water and chuck a towel over your head to draw it up and let drip out. Clear that chest up.

Right hot to get ready for work now. Shift start at 5 :p
==============================Enter the Darkside
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Get yourself up the Doc's quick ya gert lump. If there's blood in your mucus you might have punctured a lung!
My dad didn't when he broke a rib and ended up having a stroke when the blood clots started to move around his body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Hop in the bath and if bubbles come from your chest then use a puncture repair patch as a temporary fix.

Best get it looked at pronto. > http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/rib-injuri ... ction.aspx
When to see a doctor

See your GP if your pain hasn't started to improve within a few weeks. They can prescribe stronger painkillers if necessary and refer you to hospital if they feel you need further treatment.

Seek medical help immediately if you develop any signs of a more serious problem, such as:

• increasing shortness of breath
• increasing chest pain
• pain in your tummy or shoulder
• coughing up blood
• coughing up yellow or green mucus
• a high temperature (fever) of 38C (100.4F) or above[

The above symptoms may indicate a chest infection or may mean a broken rib has damaged your lung, causing the lung to collapse (pneumothorax) or injuring another organ, such as the liver or spleen.

Go straight to your nearest accident and emergency (A&E) department for an assessment if your injury was the result of a serious accident, such as a vehicle collision.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
popkat

Post by popkat »

MacV2 wrote:
popkat wrote:Oops, Broken ribs take a while, don't sneeze whatever you do for 6 weeks, you might think it's ok after 3 or 4 weeks but don't let your guard down, you'll thank me when your looking really stupid trying to hold it in and pinching the bridge of your nose.
Get well soon mate :thumbup: .

Cheers for the advice Malc, is that from personal expirience ?

Yes, twice.

I found I could get away with a kind of girly cough one without taking a breath in first, it was the sneezes that were the worst.
Can you sit up and get out of bed ?, I couldn't for a week, had to wriggle down the end of the bed into a sitting position on the floor then slowly get up.

Try and avoid too much codeine as it makes you constipated, all bunged up with broken ribs you don't want to be trying to push out a hand grenade 8O :lol: That one is fortunately not from experience, I was well advised.

As others have said If your coughing blood or anything else not normal get down the Hospital especially as your on your own there.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s