Re: Old bloke trying to kill himself

Post by VTRDark »

That would be lattice :think:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Stephan wrote:Hope you will go better than me. It tooks me 6 months to fully recover with partially torn calf muscle.
That's a bit of a worry with the run being about 4.5 months away! Anyone got any tips on how to improve the mending process? Anyone else done this? I can stretch my calves ok, leaning on a wall so toes point toward my knees, just feels tight/numb. But if I try to lift my heels I get a shooting pain in my right calf muscle. I have followed Tommy Cooper's Dr joke advice - patient " Dr,Dr it hurts when I do this!" Dr "well don't do it!!"
Bloody annoying.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

I was not able to do even single step with it for 14 days. If you can walk, it won't be so bad. Apply some grease with ibuprofen or diclofenac and slight massage twice a day. But don't expect wonders :)
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Walkings not too bad, bit of a limp (insert gag here!!!).
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

that's just the blue gangsta walk, ya get me init!!!!
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Been a busy few weeks, for a variety of reasons, but after six weeks rest and some physio, I'm back up and running again. Did three runs last week and one so far this week. Distance has dropped right off as my stamina is nowhere near what it was. Lot of work to be done by April!
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Good luck dude, you can only do your best and be proud of taking part.

Fully respect your mission sir :clap:
Jamie :wave:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Cheers fella. I have an admission of guilt for you as well!! I have turned to the dark side and bought a black cage. In my defence they just don't come up in the best colour, so black was the best option. :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote:Cheers fella. I have an admission of guilt for you as well!! I have turned to the dark side and bought a black cage. In my defence they just don't come up in the best colour, so black was the best option. :lol:
:eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2
just make sure it has good front tyres......... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Cage?

Oh Zimmer frame! Yeah black ones go like twice as fast as this... http://youtu.be/crPo-3tlbzI

:D
Jamie :wave:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Kev who?

You have been away so long us other old people assumed you had been put in a home by your kids :lol:

Glad the training is started again, it's a turning point ( and not turning you ankle 8O )
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Thanks for that :Finger2:
My eldest daughter keeps telling me to be nice to her as she will be picking my care home!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

What a bloody faff that Virgin donation thing is. All I want to do is Pay by Paypal and get out of there. What's with all the small print and checking/unchecking box's, gift stuff and small print about tax etc, which, by the way I had no idea what they where on about so checked any box that seemed appropriate. I don't wont to read small print. Jeez nightmare. Anyway I got there in the the end. :thumbup:

It's not your fault Kev, well alight then, yes it is as your using their services. :lol: Bloody Virgin, one would think they would know better. They have gone down hill over the years, almost as bad as Sky :thumbdown:

Now my my rants over. I was starting to get a bit worried about you Kev, noticing you had not been on in a while. Take it easy buddy and build yourself back up into things slowly. We don't want another ankle injury. And don't forget you pre-run stretching. Now run forest...run. :lol:

Kev L

Post by Kev L »

The reason for using Virgin over Justgiving is they take less/none of the money donated to service the site, where JustGiving absorb a proportion. The ticking of boxes to indicate you're a UK national/tax payer means they can claim gift aid from the Govt, which increases the value of your donation. So all to the good.
Thanks very much for the donation Carl.
Anyone else feeling generous out there? I would really appreciate the support as would CRY a very worthy cause.
Thanks
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

they take less/none of the money
That explains it, fair enough then. A bit of a cheek anyone taxing charity fund-raising events really. I would tax charity workers on the wages they earn for working for a charity though. That's also a good way of tracking down the pisstakers. Some of those charity workers earn a fortune. I was looking at jobs advertised in the local hospital and the charity friends of the hospital where after a librarian. Have a guess how much the wages where for working less than 8 hours a day..........

.........Getting close to £20,000 per year. 8O