dreaded cct after 48hr ownership :-(

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Bleh

Re: dreaded cct after 48hr ownership :-(

Post by Bleh »

lumpyv wrote: if you can be bothered/want to pursue it further it might be worth checking it all out legally? there are laws regarding sale of goods and provision of services that their warranty/conditions cant operate outside of.
^ Very valid point there... I can't recall you mentioning where you purchased the bike from. If from a registered trader, you have the upper hand here. They are required by law to sell you a vehicle that's fit for purpose and the 3 month warranty they try to convince you is a gift is actually a legal requirement.

A failing CCT and catastrophic damage within 48 hrs is hardly 'fit for purpose'. And nobody can claim that you caused the damage via excessive acceleration etc as it's kind of their job really...!
I'm not death to power tools... If it breaks, it's obviously NOT a power tool!!!
monkeymatt

Post by monkeymatt »

Unfortunately I purchased the bike from a private sale hence no Warranty etc . The chap couldn't get on with the v twin .
.thought I was getting a well looked after bike with 3 owners these being a police motorcycle out rider .A riding instructor and then a retired paramedic.
But hey Ho s&%t happens .
Just gives me the excuse to give it a real good clean while the faring is all off etc
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

monkeymatt wrote:Unfortunately I purchased the bike from a private sale hence no Warranty etc . The chap couldn't get on with the v twin .
.thought I was getting a well looked after bike with 3 owners these being a police motorcycle out rider .A riding instructor and then a retired paramedic.
But hey Ho s&%t happens .
Just gives me the excuse to give it a real good clean while the faring is all off etc
The problem is some Firestorm owners don't know about a possible CCT failure. So it most likely is a well cared for bike.

Going by the statistics on here, you have a very few owners who haven't had a CCT fail, then you have others who start looking for a solution after a failure. That's when a certain amount of our members find this forum. Probably most of us who found this forum before a CCT failure, have taken steps in removing this possible problem.

Generally the Firestorm, apart from the possible CCT problem, and the un-finned rectifier burning out, it's a reliable bike. And a lot of bike for the money,

Chris.
Diabolus

Post by Diabolus »

very unlucky. im peed off my storms chewed through a set of tyres and cush drive. got to fork out again.
http://lincsrideouts.co.uk

So many MODS to do so little time to do them ! Mini bi-xenon hid projector viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30721
2wheelsagain

Post by 2wheelsagain »

I got Krieger manuals as soon as I could and my bike had only done 18,000km
It may only be my opinion but it's mine!

~ My Bikes 2014 VFR1200F & 2000 VTR1000F ~
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Diabolus wrote:very unlucky. im peed off my storms chewed through a set of tyres and cush drive. got to fork out again.
They do like eating rubber and drinking fuel and emptying you wallet at every chance for bling !!
Watty

Post by Watty »

lloydie wrote:
Diabolus wrote:very unlucky. im peed off my storms chewed through a set of tyres and cush drive. got to fork out again.
They do like eating rubber and drinking fuel and emptying you wallet at every chance for bling !!
My wallet has never been so empty :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!