Op Storm: Destination East Midlands June 20th - 22nd 2014

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

adyf

Re: Operation Storm: Destination East Midlands 2014

Post by adyf »

Its a way off yet but I'm 100%in Chris ,get organising mate ,see ya in Yorkshire for proper roads .lol.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i might have to see if i can share a tent with someone, as i have no bike luggage other than a tank bag. failing that i could buy a cheapo tent and ask tony to take it up in his van. i'm deffo up for this one.... :thumbup:
the only date i can't do is the 16th of july.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

bigspanishmarty wrote:i might have to see if i can share a tent with someone, as i have no bike luggage other than a tank bag. failing that i could buy a cheapo tent and ask tony to take it up in his van. i'm deffo up for this one.... :thumbup:
the only date i can't do is the 16th of july.
If I end up taking the van then I'll have the marquee with me, to keep the rain off the disco.
Plenty of kipping space in that.

But I won't be able to go on the rideout as I'm not leaving all the gear on its own in a field......
Anyone bringing a significant other to stand guard, while reading a book and drinking Pimm's?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Virt

Post by Virt »

Bringing my imaginary friends if that counts...?
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

we can chip in and get the security guard lots of booze..... :lol:
i'll even bring my kindle for them .
i'll be up for kipping in the marquee tony.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
scouse645

Post by scouse645 »

You can put me down as a possible for that one chris :think:
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Virt wrote:Bringing my imaginary friends if that counts...?
Lloydie's very real Virt, just don't compete with the mutt

Ckennedy - deffo from me & happy to do some routes before next year. Usual caveats of dosh and time blah blah. Sometimes go round your way en route to Donington with a mate from Norfolk each year.

Wicky - round these parts when a set of lights went in they caused multiple pile ups!
BigVeeGrin

Re: Is it to early to be thinking about....

Post by BigVeeGrin »

geodude wrote:Go for it. I'd call it Operation Storm: Destination Leicestershire or something though :thumbup:

Operation Storm IV ever round the corner - Reserved for Scotland (once Al sorts it out) :P
Think that removes any ambiguity Geo
lloydie

Operation Storm: Destination East Midlands 2014

Post by lloydie »

Tony would you not have a better time if you left the disco at home ?
This way you can enjoy the riding and getting pissed at night without worrying about your equipment (the disco stuff not your tackle as it no longer works ! )
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

This afternoon I took a quick trip out on the bike along the first leg of the route so far. Coalville - barrow upon soar - six hills- melton mowbary - market harborough. The roads were in good condition, a couple of bumps which caught me out slightly as I took a different line round the corner but nothing major. Lovely scenery with all the flowers starting to bloom and the fields all green grass and rape seed.

Lloyd: that roller coaster road, turns out I have done it before. I just didnt realise it :lol: What a nice road it is too. Need to do it a few more times though as I am not very used to it.

Not to self: Do not do these roads around rush hour again :!: :thumbdown: Got stuck behind traffic a few times and plenty of tractors out today too :think:

Going to try out a bit more if not all of it over the weekend if I get chance to.

Edit: If I have not get your name down let me know and I shall add you :thumbup:
Last edited by Ckennedy on Thu May 16, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Virt

Post by Virt »

lloydie wrote:Tony would you not have a better time if you left the disco at home ?
This way you can enjoy the riding and getting pissed at night without worrying about your equipment (the disco stuff not your tackle as it no longer works ! )

We don't need disco stuff anyway. You have a teenager in your midst. We're, apparently, very good at making as much noise as possible!! :lol: :lol:
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Why you bringing the missus or just a magazine? :lol: :lol: :roll: :wink:

I do not know why I have been thinking about dates so much, I have a years notice and all I'll have to do it put in a days holiday worst case or see if I can swap shift's. Not rocket science :lol: :lol:

Anyway I have come up with the dates of 30th May 2014 - 1st June 2014. That is Friday night to Sunday. Any problems let me know, as usual the vast majority get it.

I have just phoned the camp site at Barrow (proctor pleasure park) and I have found out prices and that the mobile disco shouldn't be a problem as they have VW campers and other groups turning up throughout the year doing similar things. The price is £7per night per person but she is going to get back to me to see if they can offer a better price but she has told me that is the max they will charge. I have told her that I shall let her know the final date by the end of next week. Money is payable of the final day (sunday) where I will do a collection and hand it over. I have given her rough numbers so far saying that numbers are likely to change but she said that wasn't a problem.
Ckennedy

Re: Op Storm: Destination East Midlands 2014 - DATES

Post by Ckennedy »

Any dates where people know they have free for this time next year please let me know.

Flatline is wanting to hold his again next year on the same dates so mine shall be after then. Maybe end of June? what do people think?
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

When ever as long as its at least month away from any others .
We need to get out and find some good roads :-)
Virt

Post by Virt »

lloydie wrote:When ever as long as its at least month away from any others .
We need to get out and find some good roads :-)
You know.. It's never a good road unless you can enjoy it just as much on 33 ponies :wink: :lol: :lol: