2nd Op Devon-Storm 2016 8/9/10/11th July

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

VTRDark

Re: 2nd Op Devon-Storm 2016 8/9/10/11th July

Post by VTRDark »

well i just managed to delete the content of the go pro memory card and then found out that it hadn't saved it.
It's only a memory card it wont be deleted and could be recovered with recovery software. How do you think plod catch folk when they think they have deleted stuff.

Great pic of Bazza that Tony. Definitely an Art exhibition.
he did smile occasionally but then had to rest whilst his face recovered from the strain
:clap: :clap: :clap:
==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Glad to hear you all had a safe and good time :D

Good to see the photo's :thumbup:

Chris.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

yummy yummy in my tummy, breakfast by the sea
50 shades of yellow
sexy front end
chalet life
Torrington
oops....lifes a ditch!
as mr mon says, time for an upgrade opportunity.... :wink:
hidden object game..... :shh:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

You didn't eat the screen did you marry ?
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

lloydie wrote:Did Marty manage to get air again ?! .
Err Yes!
Lets just call it a slight parking error :biggrin

Still Buzzing from the weekend. Shame it's back into work now, heads not really in the game yet.
Great pics guys. Mine are pretty much of a copy of what everyone else has so I won't bore you with repetition. Shame there's no vid Ali, I'd have been spitting feathers if that happened to me. Oh well, I guess we had better go out and do it all again :wink:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Pete.L wrote:
lloydie wrote:Did Marty manage to get air again ?! .
Err Yes!
Lets just call it a slight parking error :biggrin

Still Buzzing from the weekend. Shame it's back into work now, heads not really in the game yet.
Great pics guys. Mine are pretty much of a copy of what everyone else has so I won't bore you with repetition. Shame there's no vid Ali, I'd have been spitting feathers if that happened to me. Oh well, I guess we had better go out and do it all again :wink:
get to do it all again September on the Wales trip, you will be doing it on the Spanish trip.

Got a call yesterday that the bike is being dropped off today late afternoon, so strip out the alternator to confirm it has burnt out. Going to be sending it away to rewound rather than buy a direct replacement, they say by rewinding it they will upgrade either the winding number or gauge of wire, so there is less load on the alternator and thus not get so hot and burn out.

Will post a picture is you can see anything of interest.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Friday morn in Grain...

Reading services pirt stop & meet up...Still waiting for Chris & Michaela...

Friday eve relaxing around the pool, well Al said it was a pool but he bought an inflatable chair not a pool, post chilli so quite windy.
As you can see Myself & MalcoPopKat had taken advantage of parking under cover...

Fri eve, Tony's missing from this pic he may have been having his evening nap...

Sat morning on the way down to the cafe we bumped into a dodgy looking Dude on a white Storm hanging around outside the chemists...After Steve had scared him for life with the first contact...It turned out to be Bearair, who dispite the intial greeting hung out with us for most of the day...& for proof here he is at lunch in Padstow...Red tee shirt hoooooug beard of many flies...

Think this was Sun pre ditch time, fag brake somewhere or other...no clue I was just following...

We didn't have much rain but it must of rained hard in the few days before as there was some bad flooding...

Storm Rescue Squad in action...Now what we should have done is duffed up the Tesco driver & we could of had lunch there...

Of course the sun shone on the righteous...

Sunday eve...

Now at some stage during the weekend, I think it may have been Sat night whilst in the pub, Al acused Malc of being grumpy all the time (this is not true readers but it did cause much meriment, leg pulling, for most of us & a bit of anoyance for Malc...) Anyway to cheer the misrable sod up I bought him a gift...

Not to be acused of favoritism, I bought Tony a gift too. I was going top hand it too him personaly but...
Al made me do it Tony, It was his idea to tape it on...

Also in an effort of reconciliation over the misrable tag, I tride to make Malc happier by giving him a flower...
A Buttercup for Buttercup...Now hang on Buttercup is Malcs name for his bike, don't get the wrong idea here lads, whilst I like Malc...Anyway Malcs nickname is Grumpy baldrocks....
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Sunday eve was a bit of a comedown after the weekend, we had a BBQ & more beer & for some reason sat & watched the football, although it has to be said not entirley sensible.

So another great Storm gathering drew to a close.

I enjoyed it & already cant wait for Wales...

Monday morn was a bit blustery...

So we loaded up the bikes, donned the rain gear & headed off home.

It was mildly damp up to where we joined the M5 where it was sunny, if a bit windy...crosswindy which made it fun.

Stopped at Gordano for a comfort break where Steve wanted to fight the manager of Burgur King cos of the inflated prices...hahahaha

''£2 for a cup of tea...your taking the piss you robbing bastids...''ect ect

Onwards we head & watched Tony head off up the M5 having missed the M4 turn off...In his defence it is a stupid junction...not very well marked. :crazy:

Last stop at Reading services for fuel, just me & Steve... I turned off onto the M25 & Steve headed on to go through London. As I pulled onto the M25 I hit a huge downpour fo two mins then it stopped, 10 mins down the road the same thing...5 mins furthur on the road was bone dry & stayed that way all the way home...Got in about half two...

Half two I'd forgotten to put the clock forward back when they changed...Doh. About 5 1/2 hours door to door...I havent added the fuel up yet...

Nue Red wants a rest now...

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

nice photos Mac............ I think the inflatable sofa was a star turn, even when tony flipped it over [no help from us, no siree, we never touched him] will make sure I bring it to scotland and will be off down Aldi tonight to see if they have any left............ for £20 it will be worth having a few spares
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

4 days Stormin...

840 miles...

92.09 l of unleaded...

20.25 gallons in English...

4.85 tank fulls...

£108.38 of my hard earned mouse bounty...

The craic....Priceless.

Thanks Storming Pals...+ the SP + the CBF + GSX thing wotsit...it was blue we tried to ignore it but it kept following us, quite quickly I have to add !
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Bike is now home, on the charger. If I can be bothered I will pull the stator out one evening to send it off for rewinding.
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

Excellent! :D
If given the choice when you get it rewound go for the larger gauge wire. Hopefully that will stop it happening again :thumbup:
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Pete.L wrote:Excellent! :D
If given the choice when you get it rewound go for the larger gauge wire. Hopefully that will stop it happening again :thumbup:
I think the company will change the gauge and quantity of windings, this my lower the current it puts out, but will stop it getting so hot and blowing.
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

Ah Okay,
I thought the problem was they were braking down early due to heat off the engine.
In that case they should increase the capability of the alternator. If it's able to supply more amps and the demand of the bike is still the same that would mean the alternator doesn't have to work so hard to do the same job, therefore it would be under less stress and run cooler.
Either way, they should know what they are up to. Fingers crossed they do a quick and effective repair and that will be the last of it :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bazza696 wrote:
Pete.L wrote:Excellent! :D
I think the company will change the gauge and quantity of windings, this my lower the current it puts out, but will stop it getting so hot and blowing.
Your talking about Marty walking down the shops, yes?