Wish the weather would makes it's mind up.

General Biker Banter
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Maybe we're just so spoilt with "home" that nowhere else looks as exciting to visit... Or it could be because we're so far from anywhere, that we just stay home out of sheer laziness (or miserliness).
Sharpe1

Post by Sharpe1 »

So what's the story mate. Is that a sub base? Nice long causeway going out there. Is it accessible 24 hrs? I went onto the Otway quite a few times when I was a kid and my brother worked at Cockatoo Isl for 15 years.
Larry.

'99 YELLOW
A man goes to the Zoo, but when he arrives there's only a dog.

It was a Shitzu!
d&s

Post by d&s »

Sharpe1 wrote:So what's the story mate. Is that a sub base? Nice long causeway going out there. Is it accessible 24 hrs? I went onto the Otway quite a few times when I was a kid and my brother worked at Cockatoo Isl for 15 years.
Sorta, its the home port for the Collins class. It's like Garden Isl over there in Sydney where they have various vessels ported.
Yeh, the causeways a blast, 300km/h with nothing but ocean beside ya.
Those damn seaguls hurt though ! :cry:
Submariners go down for a living..!!

dark&stormy
(the bike stupid)
d&s

Post by d&s »

VTRgirl wrote:Okay, so we Aussies have the weather, but boy did you guys hit the jackpot with holiday destinations! Okay, so our whole country's fabulous, but there are always at least half a dozen of you heading off somewhere exotic! Don't worry Kaz, I'll keep things moving while you're away... :wink: . (I can almost hear the sighing from here...)
:idea: Yep, another one :idea:
Maybe, just maybe, we could have a VTR conferance. We could all meet somewhere so called exotic. No, not Lands End. Used to go to Cornwall for me hols as a tacca.
We, being fewer of us, could go over to the UK. I still have relo's there who'd put us up if these other stormers couldnt handle a few Aussie compatriots 8)

dark&stormy
(the bike stupid)
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

A bike conference wouldn't be much fun without the bikes :( ... How do you propose we get them there? You gunna do a lap of oz & pick us all up in a sub :wink: ?
d&s

Post by d&s »

VTRgirl wrote:A bike conference wouldn't be much fun without the bikes :( ... How do you propose we get them there? You gunna do a lap of oz & pick us all up in a sub :wink: ?
Good idea, but Im not going to dismantle my bike just to get it in the boat.
Am looking at alternatives. Standby for results, might be easier than we think. 8)

dark&stormy
(the bike stupid)