Knees don't like the Storm

General Bike chat
NZSpokes

Re: Knees don't like the Storm

Post by NZSpokes »

This may be of help. 2 things.

I bought a Lucas Riser top clamp off Jamoi. Its a nice item. I had been looking for one but not for the VTR, for my partners CBR600. She has had a crash and has injuries etc so need the bars higher. The clamp Jamoi sold me was from a CBR600. I have polished the CBR600 stock one and fitted it to my VTR. So you may be able to track down a new one for a CBR600 or try a Hornet 600 top clamp. I think they are the same as well. Hornet clamp is set up for riser bars. Its worth a measure up.

For the pegs you could try the reverse of this, bit fiddly but pretty much free. Im doing it today but to rear sets. http://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/mo ... ink-17348/

Hope this is of some use.
Troutman

Post by Troutman »

[quote="AMCQ46"]also have a look in one of my workshop threads which shows what I did to fit flat bars on mine

I already had a good look at that, well done it looks brilliant.
Troutman

Post by Troutman »

bsabloke wrote:I fitted fazer angled clamps to a vtr standard top yolk. These clamps let the bars run behind the fork tops. I used renthal ultra low bars. I wasn't happy with the look so sold bits. It needed a fairing trim, longer hoses & maybe throttle cable. Still in standard trim now.
Used codura suit for last long trip. Comfort good & now have different leathers equally as comfortable.
You will be surprised how much of a difference it makes :thumbup:
I think I will try Cordura trousers this year and lower the pegs a wee bit. If it's still no good on the knees I think I'll need to get a different bike. The flat bars won't change my knee angle and I don't want to mess with a really clean low mileage bike.