CARBON FIBRE

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
shinn281

Re: CARBON FIBRE

Post by shinn281 »

Redthunder wrote:Looking good.

Radiators would look better black now..

Planning on getting some black mesh to put in the gaps in the fairings to try and hide the radiators :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That looks superb :clap: :clap: and the sticker even looks in place there. Just make sure you put a matching one on the other side. :plainsmile

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Yeah that does look good.

How about taking some close up pics to show what the imperfections are like? The reason I ask is that if they aren't that bad, I bet a few more people will have a go at this.

I think Benny was talking about buying some of this stuff at one point, maybe he even did, I can't remember.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Just as an alternative have you seen this printing technique for the difficult bits -

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... 1022905981

might be useful for the complex bits.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
shinn281

Post by shinn281 »

Miztaziggy wrote:Yeah that does look good.

How about taking some close up pics to show what the imperfections are like? The reason I ask is that if they aren't that bad, I bet a few more people will have a go at this.

I think Benny was talking about buying some of this stuff at one point, maybe he even did, I can't remember.

That's a fair suggestion, I'll take some close ups of the bad bits and upload them later :thumbup:
shinn281

Post by shinn281 »

Kev L wrote:Just as an alternative have you seen this printing technique for the difficult bits -

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... 1022905981

might be useful for the complex bits.
This is a good idea but I think the panels would have to be black first for it to work :?
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

good work shinn.
its tricky stuff to work with, i assume it was a tear thats being covered.... :wink:
i bet it was tricky lining up the weave pattern?
i look forward to seeing the whole bike finished. the black mess/grill will be a good idea. also putting some honda decals on will give it a better look by breaking up the carbon.
theres a place in chigwell that does the graphics kev, i looked into getting a pair of wheels done, but because you need to do both sides of a bike wheel, unlike a car wheel, the price was silly, something like £100 a wheel..... :thumbdown:
also its a different style of carbon effect and it wont match with whats already done. its clever stuff tho.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
shinn281

Post by shinn281 »

Here is a photo of some of the imperfection as promised.

It's only noticeable if you get really close! :?

And here is the work I've done today,

:thumbup:
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

I think you should do the fender extender as well, even though its carbon already, not a match for what you've done. You have more patience than me, I couldn't be arsed with that ( unless I'd binned the bike or something ).

Oh, and sorry, but those mirrors look a bit pony, do they pick up sky or something :lol:
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

WOW impressive work, well done :clap: :clap:

Chris.
shinn281

Post by shinn281 »

Cheers for the kind words. Almost done now, half the belly pan to do, then the rear fairing and then the dreaded tank!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

looking good fella, did that p clip turn up?
I just remembered you need the other one....... :lol:
i'll have to get it in the post to you.
the big test will be the fuel tank........ :eek2
I wish you the best of luck with it............ :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
shinn281

Post by shinn281 »

agentpineapple wrote:looking good fella, did that p clip turn up?
I just remembered you need the other one....... :lol:
i'll have to get it in the post to you.
the big test will be the fuel tank........ :eek2
I wish you the best of luck with it............ :thumbup:

It did thank you. I haven't fitted it yet due to needing another one! :lol:
I'm not looking forward to the tank at all! :thumbdown:
shinn281

Post by shinn281 »

agentpineapple wrote:good work shinn.
its tricky stuff to work with, i assume it was a tear thats being covered.... :wink:
i bet it was tricky lining up the weave pattern?
i look forward to seeing the whole bike finished. the black mess/grill will be a good idea. also putting some honda decals on will give it a better look by breaking up the carbon.
theres a place in chigwell that does the graphics kev, i looked into getting a pair of wheels done, but because you need to do both sides of a bike wheel, unlike a car wheel, the price was silly, something like £100 a wheel..... :thumbdown:
also its a different style of carbon effect and it wont match with whats already done. its clever stuff tho.
It was bubbling up in the crease and the only way I could resolve it was to cut a line down the crease which then exposed a small patch of the paint work underneath :thumbdown:

I'm thinking I might go with red stickers, I think they would look quite good against the carbon fibre background :thumbup:
shinn281

Post by shinn281 »

leevtr wrote:I think you should do the fender extender as well, even though its carbon already, not a match for what you've done. You have more patience than me, I couldn't be arsed with that ( unless I'd binned the bike or something ).

Oh, and sorry, but those mirrors look a bit pony, do they pick up sky or something :lol:

I know what you're saying, and with the mirrors, looks aside I can see more than just my elbows in them! :lol: