bollox bollox bollox bollox

General Bike chat
mattster

Re: bollox bollox bollox bollox

Post by mattster »

Yikes! Like everyone else has said mate - shame about the bike, but glad you're not worse off!
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

well thats f**ked it, glad to hear your not to badly damaged fella, as for the taxi driver lets hope you manage to financially kick him squarely in the nuts :thumbup: :Ball Kick:
playerone

Post by playerone »

Bloody glad your not as badly hurt as first thought via facebook :thumbup: you soon mend and be hooning about again :lol: :lol: :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

You've not gone & fallen off again Benny ?

You should be more careful Dude. :wink:

Hope you heal up quick & get a fast sort out with the insurance.

Everyday I'm at work, driving around I see countless numpties driving minicab's doing really stupid things without a care in the world for any other road users.

The bloody black cabs are even worse !
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

MacV2 wrote:You've not gone & fallen off again Benny ?

You should be more careful Dude. :wink:

Hope you heal up quick & get a fast sort out with the insurance.

Everyday I'm at work, driving around I see countless numpties driving minicab's doing really stupid things without a care in the world for any other road users.

The bloody black cabs are even worse !
You taking note BSM !! :lol: :lol:
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
freakdazzer

Post by freakdazzer »

get well soon,its a shitter about your bike but hope insurance gets sorted quick :thumbup:
lanny

Post by lanny »

I guess you'll be up and running before long or at least i hope you are. Good luck with the outcome mate i wish you all the best :thumbup:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Positives:
You bounced, so you're not too old yet.
And I'll give you £20 for the wreckage.

It's an upgrade opportunity, as I always say.....

Drink your way to forgetfulness, and get the Storm out as soon as your wrist turns enough. :beer:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

cheers for the replies chaps :)

been a busy day today with mce - jeez theyre ok you know. been right on it.
gixxer thou available next week if im fit to ride it, and they'll replace my gear straight away.
this is why the cheapest policy is not always the best!

got the bike back home and i feel loads better now.
its actually not as bad as i feared but i reckon its still cat c write off.

there is the slightest dent in the tank & left akro can, left lower fairing is intact but scuffed, mudguard is a bit scuffed and the front wheel has a kerb mark on it but repairable. left headlamp is scratched on the edge but will buff out.
top yoke has a chip missing where the clip on has moved against the stop but will repair imo.
gearshift lever has lost the rubber and is twisted, possibly repairable.
brake mc has just popped out of place

totally fkt bits - screen, nosecone (upper fairing), fairing bracket,clutch mc, heated grip switch :(
left rad (possibly repairable) clocks / dash and the left mirror which had been on literally 2 fkin hours - and both front inis but i already have a new set

rest of it has miraculously escaped damage.
looks like the front/top of the fairing took out the bollard then it just parked itself.
the impact against the taxi was all me, not the bike (saved it lol) and it couldn't have been doing more than 10mph at the time.

had to take off the crappy bandaging cos it was mingin already.
swelling isnt that bad tbh & i can move my fingers... bruising is coming up nice tho.
its the 3rd & 4th metacarpals in the left hand, crushed rather than snapped so should be ok tbh.
got to see orthopaedic surgeon on friday and hoping they'll let me go back to work, cos ive still got good mobility in it but a bit weak & stiff cos its so swollen.
upper arm is ok as long as i dont touch it lol. bit tender.
no bruising on the foot yet but will be in a couple of days - and im not showing you my butt cos some may be havin their tea :p

so... assuming its written off cat c and i get a decent settlement, it's having a castrol rep paint job, marchesini wheels, set of gilles rearsets and THIS

not bothered about it being non standard as it's a keeper - didnt buy it as an investment, i bought it to ride, so any practical improvement is a bonus for me.
junk the heavy standard rims, get a more modern functional dash and the paintjob ive always lusted after :thumbup:

@tony - im already on with the storm mate. call it physio :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Sorted, you old scroat. it'll take more than a taxi to keep you down.

That'll keep you off the hand shandy for a week or so.....But considering the damage, I'm down to £17.50 as my best offer.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Cor I'm surprised there is not more damage to the bike, that pic looked awful and there not much damage to you either, just the head then :wink:

Glad your up and about and feeling a bit more upbeat. I like that that translogic dash very much. I must admit I have never been a big fan of the style of the the SP's dash. It will all turn out well in the end then mate. :beer: :beer:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Only just caught up with news,glad to hear you're not too badly damaged and hope both you and the bike are sorted out soon
ChrisC
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

tony.mon wrote:it'll take more than a taxi to keep you down..
tip - do not try to punch and shoulder charge a taxi off the road.
it doesnt work like it does on the flims lol :Beer Popcorn:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
mr.john.coates

Post by mr.john.coates »

Wow, horrid !

Glad you're ok, dude and the bike not too bad.

You may feel the effects of shock once adrenalin wears off, can make you feel quick ill and shakey...don't rush back to work !
NT650V in Red
VTR1000R in Blue
Pushbike in Yellow
Wife in Bed
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

cybercarl wrote:I like that translogic dash very much.
(:-})
look what its got on it though... very much like the rc8 and s1000r dash

oil level, fuel level, temperature, rpm, speed, odo, trip, lap timer, clock, voltage, hi/lo beam, gear position...
what more could you want / need!

the standard sp dash is a bit basic... i can scroll through odo, trip , temp etc but cant view them in one screen and theres no Volts, clock, lap timer or gpi either.
considering the standard dash is almost a grand new, this is a snip at £400 :thumbup:

&john - im ok really mate, if they write this one off that'll be my 9th lol :oops: