Is breaking a bike worth the effort?

General Bike chat
gilson

Post by gilson »

How the hell do I retract my vote the most helpful member?
tony.mon wrote:
jacko791 wrote:It's really not a trick looking bike.
I'm in Newcatle which might be a bit too far out of your way Tony. I'll get the photos on tomorrow
Just round the corner, dear heart, nothing's too much trouble.
I quite fancy buying it now that i see that gilson is prepared to spend a fortune buying the good bits off me once it's mine--- MMMwaharhaaaarr!
There's a little corner of my garage already earmarked for it, just where the sun shines in the morning, so it won't get cold.

And right next to the Optimate point.

I'll even let it share the nice new bike cover I got for Christmas.
And give you the asking price, less my fuel for the trip to Newcastle, wherever that is.

But the crucial question, what colour is it?
No bike (yet).
jacko791

Re: Is breaking a bike worth the effort?

Post by jacko791 »

I gave it a quick wipe down and took some photos earlier. Didn't give it the most thorough clean so apologies for what's probably the dirtiest bike ever to grace this forum.
http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj4/ ... Firestorm/
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

mmmmmmmm dymags!!!! mmmmmm ohlins!!!! shame about the yellow tho :lol:
having said that there is always demand for yellow panels even tho they make your bike slower.... :lol:
my offer still stands for the ohlins matey :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I see what you mean about the bodywork damage from it getting blown over, almost every panel has some damage, even if small.......that is a bugger. Would have been better if it had been 1 panel wrecked and the rest untouched.

but none of it stops the bike being used, so it can become a rolling fix it project
AMcQ
jacko791

Post by jacko791 »

Yes, it's pretty ruddy annoying. It had been stood up again by some helpful passer by which was nice of them but I suspect they may have caused a bit of the damage getting it back up. I imagine it's not a light bike to pick up off its side. It was parked up next to a big steel bike rack which I think is what even managed to scrape the mudguard when it went over.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Gilson my man, those Dymags would look SSWWWWEEEEEEETTTT on your bike mate. Have you thought of making an offer!!!!!!! :twisted:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

originally gilsons race bike would have had dymags and it might have them i'm not sure, you need a wheel wide enough to fill the large gap between the spondon swingarm.
thay would look good on his stage 1 or is it a stage 2 road bike, i ain't jealous or anything :cry:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

And that shock will look great on mine put me in the Que for it
It will save me buying a nitron one at the end of the month

Sorry officer
The voices made me do it
gilson

Post by gilson »

The stage 3 does have dymags, both 16.5 and 17" wets. The wheels are set up for the swing arm you mention, with quick release bolts

I'm hoping to get the st3 bike back from roger for this season, hopefully all in good working order. I'm sure To post the entire story, it's not all good.

I'm now racing against my mate with a 2004 zx10r. Hmmm, it's going to be interesting, or embarrassing for me as he leaves me for dust.

At least I'll be able to test my theory of lap times being 95% rider skill, 5% bike.

Those wheels certainly don't come up often so I am keen.

I would also like it as a road bike too.

Maybe ask davesp2 to convert to a naked like his. I loved my firestorm, so much more and the sp2 and a million times more than my 929 Fireblade. I also very much enjoyed the upright position and comfort of a tuono. Could be the answer?

Trouble is, it's in Newcastle. That's a long way from everywhere;)
bigspanishmarty wrote:originally gilsons race bike would have had dymags and it might have them i'm not sure, you need a wheel wide enough to fill the large gap between the spondon swingarm.
thay would look good on his stage 1 or is it a stage 2 road bike, i ain't jealous or anything :cry:
No bike (yet).
gilson

Post by gilson »

Kev L wrote:Gilson my man, those Dymags would look SSWWWWEEEEEEETTTT on your bike mate. Have you thought of making an offer!!!!!!! :twisted:
I'm in discussions, shall we say;)
No bike (yet).
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

I reckon there is a queue for the shock

I put in the first request for the rear shock on the first page of this thread :D

Was just waiting for confirmation that its all Kosher
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

jacko791 wrote:I gave it a quick wipe down and took some photos earlier. Didn't give it the most thorough clean so apologies for what's probably the dirtiest bike ever to grace this forum.
http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj4/ ... Firestorm/
tbh mate looking at the pics that fairing damage is all repairable, may struggle round the headlight if you aint got the missing bit! swap you for a very nice R1 and some spondoolies my way :biggrin
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Flatline wrote:I reckon there is a queue for the shock

I put in the first request for the rear shock on the first page of this thread :D

Was just waiting for confirmation that its all Kosher
saying you need a rear shock and saying you interested in buying said shock are two different things old chap....... :lol:
i stake my claim......... :p
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

lol, its like kids at christmas here............you always want the other kids presents more than your own :lol:
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

hahahaha i want it i want it!!!!!!!!!
nah i got a new hagon shock already al, it would be nice to have an ohlins but i'm in no hurry, they pop up from timt to time, it's good to have a whined up tho.......... :p
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!