What's annoyed you today??

General Biker Banter
fabiostar

Re: What's annoyed you today??

Post by fabiostar »

Ckennedy wrote:I've got a while before I get that old :wink: :lol:

Still waiting to see a Dr :( got to love being at hospital over a weekend.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
best of luck to all concerned. my wife had it with our second one but shes in good hands im sure :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Dr's have been round today. Basically said if all stays under control then they'll be looking to deliver at 37 weeks, another 3 weeks, if it doesn't stay well then it'll be when it get ugly. Just means it could be another 3 weeks in here and then probably a week after birth too.

Birth plan and delivery to be sorted tomorrow when they have managed to answer a few more big questions.

Most annoying thing is I only started my new job Monday, been there 4 days. Got there on the Friday and then had to rush off before I got through the door. Haven't a clue what time if any I'll be allowed off. Can't afford not to be at work without pay, don't know yet if I'll get anything like compassionate leave (doubt it) or whether I'd have to use holiday which I'd rather not as I'll end up needing it for something later in the year. Have to speak to them tomorrow to find out what the options are. Everyone knew about the pregnancy before I started but it's annoying this has happened. Ah well. When life gives you lemons what do you do............suck em

uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

My Mrs had that CK ended up going 7 weeks early hope she's ok mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
macdee

Post by macdee »

Hope it all works out CK
Think you need to decide if you time spend with the wife is better before or after the birth mate
No money coming in will add to your problems
good luck to you all
told you not to but oh no you knew better
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Hope all goes well CK, with regards to the parental leave, everyone's entitled to it but unless it's bolstered by the company it's just not worth taking. It works out around the same as SSP for 2 weeks. Plus they could pull the 15 weeks notice card and refuse but I believe you can take up to 2 weeks within the first 2 years so that might be an option further down the line. If the main issue is income while your off you'd be better taking it as holiday.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Thanks for the advise fellas. Think it's going to be a case of back to work tomorrow and be ready to leave at the drop of a hat. Spoke with my gaffa this morning and he made a call and they have given me last Friday and today as compassionate leave, which is nice of them as I've only been there 4 days. Anything else I take off now will have to be holiday or unpaid which I was expecting and it's fair enough.

Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Thought I would try a few psi less like Poppers suggested in another thread. Bike felt fine on the way to work but I wasn't working it too hard in the traffic. Thought the steering was a little slow and the rebound could do with turning up a tad to compensate but over all I could live with it if I had more grip.
Didn't think anymore of it until I was on the way home. Not too sure if I liked the feeling, way too wallowy. Turned off out into the country and added a bit more power and it started to step out all over the place. Slowing into bends the backend was wiggling about everywhere!
Okay, too much air taken out. I had only dropped it to 35 but I didn't like it.
Rammed it on home, slithering everywhere. Wonder how far I can push it. At 80 in a straight line it was fine but slowing to 60 for the bends it was like a bucking bronco and through the bend you had to hang on tight to hold a line. This was really crap. At least I would have a warm tire so I thought I would get home, pump it up to 42psi whilst still warm and then measure it again when cold and see what the difference is.
A great plan. Got home, jumped off, got the pump out and found out I only had 12 psi in my tire 8O
Thought I might have a sticky valve but no. Pumped it up only to hear air hissing back out. I had picked up a bloody nail! :evil:
Pressure change exorcise is now on hold until I get a new tire :evil:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Pete.L wrote:Thought I would try a few psi less like Poppers suggested in another thread. Bike felt fine on the way to work but I wasn't working it too hard in the traffic. Thought the steering was a little slow and the rebound could do with turning up a tad to compensate but over all I could live with it if I had more grip.
Didn't think anymore of it until I was on the way home. Not too sure if I liked the feeling, way too wallowy. Turned off out into the country and added a bit more power and it started to step out all over the place. Slowing into bends the backend was wiggling about everywhere!
Okay, too much air taken out. I had only dropped it to 35 but I didn't like it.
Rammed it on home, slithering everywhere. Wonder how far I can push it. At 80 in a straight line it was fine but slowing to 60 for the bends it was like a bucking bronco and through the bend you had to hang on tight to hold a line. This was really crap. At least I would have a warm tire so I thought I would get home, pump it up to 42psi whilst still warm and then measure it again when cold and see what the difference is.
A great plan. Got home, jumped off, got the pump out and found out I only had 12 psi in my tire 8O
Thought I might have a sticky valve but no. Pumped it up only to hear air hissing back out. I had picked up a bloody nail! :evil:
Pressure change exorcise is now on hold until I get a new tire :evil:
Oops! Next time stop & check ! That could have been nasty...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

doh!!!
at least you made it home ok mate. so much crap on the uk roads these days.... :thumbdown:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

agentpineapple wrote:doh!!!
at least you made it home ok mate. so much crap on the uk roads these days.... :thumbdown:
+1
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

Cheers Boys
I think it's often getting away with something which gives us something to talk about later :)

On an up note. Got a new tyre being fitted tomorrow. Looks like I'm going to get a chance to compare Metzler RR7 to the one i've got on the SP a little sooner than I thought :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Unlucky with the puncture Pete, but lucky you got home okay.
What a coincidence you were experimenting with tyre pressures,

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Ckennedy wrote:Thanks for the advise fellas. Think it's going to be a case of back to work tomorrow and be ready to leave at the drop of a hat. Spoke with my gaffa this morning and he made a call and they have given me last Friday and today as compassionate leave, which is nice of them as I've only been there 4 days. Anything else I take off now will have to be holiday or unpaid which I was expecting and it's fair enough.

That was very good of your new employers, that's more then most of mine would have done.

I hope things work out well for your wife and baby,

Chris.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Got to work this morning and a car (white Audi ) parked in my parking space for the bike ,that really pissed me off.

Now when us bikers park in the car spaces we get disciplined not a verbal warning but a written warning .
So off I trotted to security to make a complaint .
I get on well with the security and as soon as I walked in he smiled and gave me the thumbs up and told me to hang around for ten minutes !.
So I did .
He only called a tow truck !.

The guy came and loaded it up and wombles off with it .
I was so happy it's was unreal .
Apparently the car belongs to one of the high up managers and has been warned about parking in spaces he shouldn't ,like disabled ,visitors,contractors,and the bike spaces before .
So with no warning this time they had it towed ha ha .
The on site security only answers to the big boss himself no one else .
So when this juggler of a manager confronted the security man with anger the full security team showed up cuffed him and detained him .
Not sure what happened after that .
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That sounds great! :D