what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
cliveyandrews

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by cliveyandrews »

Fitted long velocity stack, then dropped it off at Daz "Meltedsliders" to have the K&N fitted, dyno runs and jet to suit...

He was looking forward to having a go at it, nice bloke - racing background it appears.

I'm in 'Aaaaampshire for at least a week, so I said no rush - let's see what I get!

(FYI - it was 97 bhp with Stubbie straight through cans, factory filter and stacks)

[img]https://fbcdn_sphotos_b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/429788_10150620241786705_2132803914_n.jpg[/img]

I'll post the new curve when I get it...

:beer:
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

BigVeeGrin wrote:
what primer, paint etc did you use Steve and are you happy with the result?
I just used halfords grey primer and some 'Audi Black' paint. 2 coats of primer and 3 coats of paint. I had some laquer as well but decided not to put it on as it looks shiny enough. I am really happy with the result.

I have had to touch it up slightly in a couple of places though, it obviously was not completely dry when I put the mudgaurd and calipers back on and I have chipped it :? . Cant tell now though
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

Steve6088 wrote: I just used halfords grey primer and some 'Audi Black' paint. 2 coats of primer and 3 coats of paint. I had some laquer as well but decided not to put it on as it looks shiny enough. I am really happy with the result.
I'm tempted to do mine - might got for Satin finish Smoothrite...

Audi, Vide, Tace

tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

Steve6088 wrote:
BigVeeGrin wrote:
what primer, paint etc did you use Steve and are you happy with the result?
I just used halfords grey primer and some 'Audi Black' paint.
Careful that Audi paint, it has a nasty habit of trying to attach itself to the bumper of the vehicle in front! :lol:
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

tankslappa wrote:
Careful that Audi paint, it has a nasty habit of trying to attach itself to the bumper of the vehicle in front! :lol:
....at 90mph....... 8O

Audi, Vide, Tace

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i still find bmw drivers to be the worst, its almost as if they refuse to pull over from the overtaking lane, like its their devine right to be there because they drive a beemer :whatever
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

Nah, Audi's are the new BMW - with Passat's a close second. I do a 150 mile commute Fri and Mon - and see them both - usually so close to me I can't see headlamps or grille badge. When I had the old Vulva, which I didn't care about at all - I have done an emergency stop on the A34 to a tailgater.

But then I have also thrown a can of coke - and many handfuls of change out the window. Naughty I know, but when the twats insist on tailgating and putting me at risk, they get what they deserve (FYI - the change works best, twice making them drop right off, and you always have loose change in the car right?)

However, I have to add - 99% of the time - if I can move out the way - I do. Let then get on with it - let the baby have his bottle.....!

:roll:

Audi, Vide, Tace

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

in fairness i try to stay out of the overtaking lane and only use it for what it was designed for, but some people are just lazy drivers and refuse to pull into the fast or slow lane regardless even if the motorway/dual carriageway is empty..... :x
or the other fav, middle lane plodders, the amount of times i'll be in the slow lane and be travelling faster than a car in the middle lane, and you end up doing that big loop from left to right and back again, just trying to stay within the law of not undertaking another motor :roll:
and you look back and think do they really not realise theres a slow lane....
i put it down to lazy driving, years ago cars were shite and you really had to concentrate when you were doing the speed limit, now cars are so easy to drive people start doing other things whilst driving on the motorway, drinking/eating/phone/make up/map reading/newspaper reading.....you nam it they do it :x
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

cliveyandrews wrote:Nah, Audi's are the new BMW - with Passat's a close second. I do a 150 mile commute Fri and Mon - and see them both - usually so close to me I can't see headlamps or grille badge. When I had the old Vulva, which I didn't care about at all - I have done an emergency stop on the A34 to a tailgater.

But then I have also thrown a can of coke - and many handfuls of change out the window. Naughty I know, but when the twats insist on tailgating and putting me at risk, they get what they deserve (FYI - the change works best, twice making them drop right off, and you always have loose change in the car right?)

However, I have to add - 99% of the time - if I can move out the way - I do. Let then get on with it - let the baby have his bottle.....!

:roll:
My mate fitted police lights in his dash grill, that was brilliant, when nobs get up the butt let them pass catch back up make sure no one is around to see and then wack them on, funny as wombles seeing them pull over and stop hahahahaha

ive thought about sticking them in the air ducts on the storm before cant see the strobes till they are turned on (show use init :D )
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i'd love to do that :lol:
knowing my luck i'd get caught :thumbdown:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

They would never believe a cab bill car!!! They may believe that they are being tugged by Stephen Fry though!
:lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

Knowing my luck I'll hit all those coins with my front wheel.... Grrrrr!
Jester666

Post by Jester666 »

Today I mostly got pi$$ed off as my baby failed its MOT!! :(

Front discs shagged! :(
Semper in faecibus sumus, sole profundum variat!
Silver 1998 'Storm! That keeps trying to kill me! And is leaving me soon! :(
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

Thats awesome Seb! Off to the bay to look for some of those puppies!

Jester! That sucks :/ May aswell get some EBC units :thumbup: It'll cost ya though :(

Me? I fitted the new pipercross air filter:

Its raining so not letting her out in that if I can help it. Though off the throttle she rev's a bit shitty, may of been 'cos she was a tad cold, so will reserve judgement till I get her out.

Also replaced the rectumfrier for a nice finned CBR 125 unit. To my suprise the plugs on mine were in pristing order! not a burnt or even over heated looking spade connecter in sight!

Next are CCT's :eek2
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Eclectic wrote:Thats awesome Seb! Off to the bay to look for some of those puppies!

Jester! That sucks :/ May aswell get some EBC units :thumbup: It'll cost ya though :(

Me? I fitted the new pipercross air filter:

Its raining so not letting her out in that if I can help it. Though off the throttle she rev's a bit shitty, may of been 'cos she was a tad cold, so will reserve judgement till I get her out.

Also replaced the rectumfrier for a nice finned CBR 125 unit. To my suprise the plugs on mine were in pristing order! not a burnt or even over heated looking spade connecter in sight!

Next are CCT's :eek2
It will run like shot until it's jetted mate had to take mine back out till I get jets in
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033