Ebay Finds (unusal/cheap/rare/or just good value)

Moderator: VTRDark

VTRDark

Re: Ebay Finds (unusal/cheap/rare/or just good value)

Post by VTRDark »

That's always the way with ebay. Something may look cheap to begin with but as soon as it get to 30sec from auction end everything goes right up. Abba stuff always sells for good money on ebay. Actually the whole of ebay is getting to the point where one might as well buy from elsewhere as it's cheaper. Look at some of the prices that breakers charge for parts now :eek2

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
bluestoesonnose

Post by bluestoesonnose »

You're not far wrong, Gumtree maybe the new ebay, may be not.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

There's also a load of manufacturers charging more on ebay than what they do direct on their own website. For example, Dan Moto, buy direct from their site and it's much cheaper. I don't know if manufactures do this just to cover the ebay costs, or just take the piss because they know most people will go straight to ebay for simplicity or can't be bothered searching.

I suppose Gumtree is like what ebay used to be like before all the people and companies turned it into a big business. 10 years ago ebay was fantastic, it's just grown too big and too popular now. I just wished Gumtee's site was easier to navigate and item descriptions be a bit more descriptive with decent images. It's more like an online jumble/garage sale with true 2nd hand gear and more risks involved. Some great bargains to had though.

leevtr

Post by leevtr »

cybercarl wrote:There's also a load of manufacturers charging more on ebay than what they do direct on their own website. For example, Dan Moto, buy direct from their site and it's much cheaper. I don't know if manufactures do this just to cover the ebay costs, or just take the piss because they know most people will go straight to ebay for simplicity or can't be bothered searching.

I suppose Gumtree is like what ebay used to be like before all the people and companies turned it into a big business. 10 years ago ebay was fantastic, it's just grown too big and too popular now. I just wished Gumtee's site was easier to navigate and item descriptions be a bit more descriptive with decent images. It's more like an online jumble/garage sale with true 2nd hand gear and more risks involved. Some great bargains to had though.

Probably the former..I just put something on the bay for sale, and basically if it sells they want 10% of the selling price, the greedy fcukers. I actually put on the ad not to hit the BIN button !!!!!
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I think you may be right mate. I can't even begin to imagine how much money ebay make worldwide on a daily basis. Plus they are getting PayPal fees on top of that :eek2 They are getting too big for their own boots and will eventually shoot themselves in the foot as people start to go elsewhere.

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Virt

Post by Virt »

That's ridiculous, and it's only got 50 miles of range!! 8O
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Yep that's a rip off considering you can buy one for a fiver. :lol: :lol:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... cycle.html

chric

Post by chric »

Ill never be a sell out storm forever
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Anyone still think a decent storm isn't worth £2500 ???
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
bluestoesonnose

Any Stom isn't worth much more than £1000, TL1000R, SP1, SP2 are the bikes with any value, the Storm was the low fat model, and will alway be an also ran, just a Jap copy of a Ducati.

Doesn't mean I don't like the Storm, you just need to be realistic about what it is
Virt

Post by Virt »

bluestoesonnose wrote:Any Stom isn't worth much more than £1000, TL1000R, SP1, SP2 are the bikes with any value, the Storm was the low fat model, and will alway be an also ran, just a Jap copy of a Ducati.

Doesn't mean I don't like the Storm, you just need to be realistic about what it is
I wouldn't say every storm is under £1000... But it's the first 10,000 miles that deduct the most value.. I'd say the newer ones could be worth about £1500 maybe, but that's if they're completely stock surely?
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
bluestoesonnose

As soon as you make a modification to anything, it then becomes what that mod is worth to a prospective buyer, me, I see modded bikes as worth less, ok mild stuff like cans, dampers, shocks etc may keep the value somewhere near a standard bike, but much more than that its down to the buyer. I've taken a few modded things apart and some of the quality of workmanship has been very dodgy, it would have been cheaper to have done it myself.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Anyone looking for a toolkit? Might be worth a watch -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VTR1000-Fires ... 460bb180c1
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
macdee

Post by macdee »

Kev L wrote:Anyone looking for a toolkit? Might be worth a watch -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VTR1000-Fires ... 460bb180c1

i have a bid on it :shh:
told you not to but oh no you knew better