what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by agentpineapple »

AMCQ46 wrote:all this cleaning and painting and putting makeup on your missus... you would think there was prizes being handed out next weekend at the motorcycle museum! bunch of tarts :lol:
me tart my bike up...............never :Eyebrows: :Eyebrows: :Eyebrows:

yesterday I touched up the paint on my forks. also a few spots needed doing on the rear black caliper.
checked all the fluids again. re-routed my usb power lead. just need to pack me topbox and i'm good to go.... :thumbup:
just checked the weather for Saturday, it's not looking to good now.... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i pushed the blue one up the road,thankfully close from home...

why you ask?

because my chain went up past my fecking head :eek2 :eek2 another one, thats 2 in two years.. oiled.adjusted blah blah all that good sh1t... now last time it was the joining link so fair enough.. for the blue bike i bought an izuma race chain.530 non o ring as its not gona get winter use. clean break not at the joining link. but after some hunting im now starting to think the box said izuma but no markings on the chain? at all.... not something you check when you buy a sealed in the box and in the plastic wrapping chain....

that feeling you get when you realise more than likely you have been turned over.. im gona have a hunt to see what shop i got it of on the tinternet and explain to them whats happened after 1500 miles. if that doesnt work im gona shove it up somebodies butt :sad2 ...

thankfully no damage to the bike at all...

this rant was brought to you be a v angry man
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

fabiostar wrote:thankfully no damage to the bike at all...
Thank heavens for small mercies :eek2 That could have been your leg, engine casings or even worse. Wish I had read this before I responded to your PM... I have a feeling I know how your day is going now :Argue 1:
Time for a beer and and chill

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote:i pushed the blue one up the road,thankfully close from home...

why you ask?

because my chain went up past my fecking head :eek2 :eek2 another one, thats 2 in two years.. oiled.adjusted blah blah all that good sh1t... now last time it was the joining link so fair enough.. for the blue bike i bought an izuma race chain.530 non o ring as its not gona get winter use. clean break not at the joining link. but after some hunting im now starting to think the box said izuma but no markings on the chain? at all.... not something you check when you buy a sealed in the box and in the plastic wrapping chain....

that feeling you get when you realise more than likely you have been turned over.. im gona have a hunt to see what shop i got it of on the tinternet and explain to them whats happened after 1500 miles. if that doesnt work im gona shove it up somebodies butt :sad2 ...

thankfully no damage to the bike at all...

this rant was brought to you be a v angry man
No way, not another one :eek2
Like Pete points out, you were very fortunate nothing more serious happened, although that would have been scary enough I'm sure,

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

yeah guys nothing hurt or damaged. on further inspection i dont think the chain in the box was what it was saying on the outside :oops: .but alls good now and ready for scotland. well nearly lol
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Rode it 300+ miles & met up with some like minded souls...Well deranged is more apt discription...

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

MacV2 wrote:Rode it 300+ miles & met up with some like minded souls...Well deranged is more apt discription...

i may have just done a little man wee looking at that.

old yeller went through mot today so alls good
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

ain't done nothing yet. but i'll be giving the bike a much needed wash this afternoon, I also need to find a small oil leak from the rhs side, it's leaving a lovely sheen on my right boot doh!!!!
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Washed and polished it after yesterday's wet ride to Birmingham
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
podman

Post by podman »

Ill confess I had my bike stripped down by 2:45 yesterday and didnt come in until id finished cleaning it at 7:30, ill be refitting the exhausts/fairings etc later but at least its tidy again after the good soaking on the way to Brum.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

took a coastal ride on old yellow. i rode like a complete fanny enjoying looking round me, so slow infact i got 121 before the red light came on :eek2 . oh the shame of it..
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Watch this space...No.5 ????

Yes it has some bling destined for the bin, rides ok but the front brake is shocking, must have a masive air bubble in there, you know its bad when the rear slows you down better than the fronts...!!! Eekkk 8O

Oh & the fact the fluid in the pot looks like tar prob aint helping matters... :lol: :lol:

43k i'm the 12th owner... :lol: :lol:

So tomorrow I will mainly sorting the brakes & de blinging it...The good news is I bid him £50 & sold the extra belly pan I got with it to Andy me Storming neighbour for another niffty... :thumbup: Anyone wanna buy some tat rad covers & a nice lazer cut chain guard ??
Last edited by MacV2 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

fabiostar wrote:took a coastal ride on old yellow. i rode like a complete fanny enjoying looking round me, so slow infact i got 121 before the red light came on :eek2 . oh the shame of it..
MPH?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

£50 you fcking thief
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

alanfjones1411 wrote:£50 you fcking thief
No No No Sir...you bismerch my cataracts...I mearly bid him £50 off the asking price...needs rear linkage sorting may need a few new bearings...

Would a thief lend a man in need £20... :wink: