what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by MacV2 »

Worked on me own bike for a change... :lol: :lol:

Set up Custard for a carb balance & balanced the carbs...Lowerd the TPS reading from 800+ to around 630, just a twist couldn't be arsed to take it all apart to start feking about with it to get it lower...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

That pitbike thing looks proper fun..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Watty

Post by Watty »

fabiostar wrote:That pitbike thing looks proper fun..
+1 would love a go at it :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your

Post by agentpineapple »

Virt wrote:Picked it up and rode it 100 miles home, would have been a much more enjoyable if half the bloody M6 wasn't 40/50mph roadworks!ImageImage

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
looking good ymv, have u got a picture of the rear, as I may have something for you...... :Eyebrows: :Eyebrows:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Watty wrote:
it is as much fun as it looks :thumbup:

if you look up BMB [British mini bikes] they have hire bikes at every round of the British championship. its a great way to see if you like it and its like being a works racer, you have a team of mechanics doing all the changes for you and all you need to do is get on the bike when they call your race.

or you can get a 2nd hand race bike for less than a grand and either do track days for £30 or a race for £60 and if you don't like it you can sell it for about the same as you bought it!

Sunday was fun, but too feckin hot to do 2 x 5min practice, 4 x 10 min qualifying and then 6 x15min races.... I was sweating like a pig as there is not much rest time as you throw a bike on slick tyres round a go kart track in 30dg heat in full leathers. well that and a total lack of bike fitness on mypart!!!!!
Through the day I drank 6L of water with electrolytes in it and by the end I was done for, I didn't even have the energy to get out of my leathers!.

on the plus side 1 only slid off once, but it was on the last lap and I was in a safe 2nd place. but I still remounted and got 3rd even though the clutch lever had broken off.

My mate was having a nightmare and went down 3 times but some of those were bike issues, and in one of then I nearly ran him over as he and the bike were going in different directions but using almost all the escape options I had to chose from.
but I have no sympathy as he is faster than me and it also turns out he handicapped us both by advising that we should use 18psi tyre pressure. we couldn't work out why we were riding at the ragged edge of grip, with a few slides every lap, but the lap times were 2sec slower than he was doing at the last track day there, and the fast lads were pulling away.
He phoned me this morning to say that he spoke to a fast rider [who wasn't there on sunday] and he couldn't believe we managed to stay on at 18psi in those temperatures.... should have been 25f and 30R.

well you live and learn
AMcQ
podman

Post by podman »

Sounds like you had a blast Alistair...you over at Whilton Locks again anytime soon?
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

podman wrote:Sounds like you had a blast Alistair...you over at Whilton Locks again anytime soon?
yesterday :(
AMcQ
podman

Post by podman »

AMCQ46 wrote:
podman wrote:Sounds like you had a blast Alistair...you over at Whilton Locks again anytime soon?
yesterday :(

:? I could have made yesterday as well...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

i will be back there soon as it is one of the best tracks near to me. I will try and remember before the event next time
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

last few days were spent visiting friends on the south coast, and tinkering with the bike.
regreased the shock linkages, swapped the swingarm over for a cleaner one, i'd had that in the garage for 2yrs hahahaha.also fitted a front sprocket cover that mark had kindly made for me over 3yrs ago... :eek2 :eek2 :eek2
removed and repainted the oil lines and cooler.
also regreased the headstock bearings. fixed the water leak at last, been living with it for over a year ffs. finally found it on the underside of the carbs.
had to fit a new chain and sprocket, so I've changed the gearing, gone lower, it certainly makes the bike lively.
gave it a real good clean as well. all ready for this weekend.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

AMCQ46 wrote:
Watty wrote:
it is as much fun as it looks :thumbup:

if you look up BMB [British mini bikes] they have hire bikes at every round of the British championship. its a great way to see if you like it and its like being a works racer, you have a team of mechanics doing all the changes for you and all you need to do is get on the bike when they call your race.

or you can get a 2nd hand race bike for less than a grand and either do track days for £30 or a race for £60 and if you don't like it you can sell it for about the same as you bought it!

Sunday was fun, but too feckin hot to do 2 x 5min practice, 4 x 10 min qualifying and then 6 x15min races.... I was sweating like a pig as there is not much rest time as you throw a bike on slick tyres round a go kart track in 30dg heat in full leathers. well that and a total lack of bike fitness on mypart!!!!!
Through the day I drank 6L of water with electrolytes in it and by the end I was done for, I didn't even have the energy to get out of my leathers!.

on the plus side 1 only slid off once, but it was on the last lap and I was in a safe 2nd place. but I still remounted and got 3rd even though the clutch lever had broken off.

My mate was having a nightmare and went down 3 times but some of those were bike issues, and in one of then I nearly ran him over as he and the bike were going in different directions but using almost all the escape options I had to chose from.
but I have no sympathy as he is faster than me and it also turns out he handicapped us both by advising that we should use 18psi tyre pressure. we couldn't work out why we were riding at the ragged edge of grip, with a few slides every lap, but the lap times were 2sec slower than he was doing at the last track day there, and the fast lads were pulling away.
He phoned me this morning to say that he spoke to a fast rider [who wasn't there on sunday] and he couldn't believe we managed to stay on at 18psi in those temperatures.... should have been 25f and 30R.

well you live and learn
Thanks for that Al, will take a peek at that info. Sounds like you had a blast mate :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Cleaned her up a bit, cleaned and waxed the chain, went and bought a footpump
with a digital pressure gauge (saves on buying a seperate gauge ! :thumbup: )
And after approx 4 weeks since i rode here, did about 30 miles, she ran well,

Note to self : Really enjoyed my short ride out today, must get out more often !
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Took mirrors off biffer, rubbed down and sprayed, refitted....job done ready for Birmingham(weather permitting)

I can't believe that you will get to meet Mrs Bazza after all these years, I will have to remember to inflate her up before getting to the Watford gap services.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

all this cleaning and painting and putting makeup on your missus... you would think there was prizes being handed out next weekend at the motorcycle museum! bunch of tarts :lol:
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

got old yellow prepped for MOT this sat. the list included.

1. polish paintwork.
8. stand back and look at it. :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: