what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by tony.mon »

Fitted a Sigma slipper clutch to the sp2, but it looks like although the plates weren't slipping in the std clutch and are within wear limits I'll need a new pack in the Sigma. I'll ride it to find out if it's behaving.
Did an oil and filter change, cleaned the K+N air filters. Reprogrammed the Healtech speedo healer, it was reading 3 mph slow. It should be about right now, but as there's an A and a B setting I can keep playing until it's right without losing the previous settings.

So today/tomorrow it's a valve clearance check and new plugs.
And took the CB600F commuter in for it's MOT. Time for a flying lesson at Biggin Hill, then back to collect the little one and get a bit more done on the 2.

And it's meant to be a holiday!
I'm off until after Easter.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Re: what have you done to someone else's"bike" today

Post by MacV2 »

Fitted MCCT's to Murv's bike... A pair of Bazzas finest fited by a pair of twats...

Just finished bolting the tank back down...Spark plugs ! Fronts ok but the rear one it's just easier with the tank off spesh with Murv's Gorilla mitts & my wonky wrist...So Tank back off fit plug, tank back on....Hahahaha

Good job we ran out of time to do the shock linckage...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

cried over it. :confused
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
jchesshyre

Post by jchesshyre »

Had a fantastic ride out to Snowdonia this evening on the A5104 and A5 through Betws-y-Coed to Bangor and back to Chester. Very empty roads for most of it.

For a while on a wide, open bit of the A5 I was behind a police BMW X5 who was possibly doing some high-speed training – overtaking everyone, taking bends using the full width of the road at 70/80 and reaching 100 on the straights. I decided to keep up with him at a safe distance and watch some very nice driving. I'd always assumed they had to have blue lights on to break the speed limit, but apparently not.

bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

rode it home, it went fab. Light still on though
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

podman wrote:KR1 hadnt turned a wheel in 6 months and I hadnt laid a spanner on it but she fired up 3rd kick, for me no better riding experience on these roads on the 250s , headed over to OyB for a cuppa with my mate on his gorgeous RGV, what a great day to be out and about.

[url]Image

[url]Image
I'd have either in a perspex case in my front room....and the LC for spanking in me paddock jacket, Simpson Bandit, jeans and Nikes.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Mav617 wrote:
I'd have either in a perspex case in my front room....and the LC for spanking in me paddock jacket, Simpson Bandit, jeans and Nikes.
That sounds very complicated, do you really have to wear specific clothing standing in a plastic box with a motorbike when being spanked?
That must cost a fair bit extra, you wealthy perv!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

KH125 and VTR1000 both MOTd today. easy pass :lol:
AMcQ
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Rebuilt front calipers on Transalp with with new braided hoses, seals and pistons (£150 for the four!) and refitted them - Awaiting tyre shop to reopen after Easter so they can refit the tyre the right way round. Now the bleedin' Storm won't start, needs a new battery (old Motobatt 4 years old) - ordered new one arriving Wednesday. Looks like I'll be using the leccy bike till next week.

In comparison leccy KTM has only in 3 years (2,500miles) needed new brakepads, air in tyres and plugging in.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

well today i have checked every connection on the loom. Every connection on the dash, every wire end, and they all seem good. I have totally washed it, dried it, polished it fitted the sat Nav, the panniers and taken it for a Ride. Light on and it bloody bothered me like you wouldn't credit. I whopped it into a gravel road, hit the anchors and still no lock up, i am sure i felt the ABS working too. fecking odd.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Just changed the oil and filters on the KTM. Easy, I hear you say....

Four drain points, over-torqued and rounded off drain plugs. Two filters, two filling points and the need to "burp" the frame reservoir. What a palaver.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Washed it immaculately, put the panniers, sat nav, top box and the Original cans back onAND Part ex-ed it for another bike,They knocked £100 off for the ABS fault as i showed them the details from Honda. They didn't seem bothered at all. The bike did look great though.

Picking up the New bike Next sat afternoon so can't make the Trip to Macs. Sorry matey.

The Mrs loves the new bike though so thats a start. Totally different bike but it went superbly.

Go on on have a Guess?
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bigtwinthing wrote:Washed it immaculately, put the panniers, sat nav, top box and the Original cans back onAND Part ex-ed it for another bike,They knocked £100 off for the ABS fault as i showed them the details from Honda. They didn't seem bothered at all. The bike did look great though.

Picking up the New bike Next sat afternoon so can't make the Trip to Macs. Sorry matey.

The Mrs loves the new bike though so thats a start. Totally different bike but it went superbly.

Go on on have a Guess?
Raleigh Runabout ?

Late cancelation...You'll have to post the biscuits...No refunds ect read the small print...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Fitted a well needed chain to the blue one and sat back with a beer :beer:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

fabiostar wrote:Fitted a well needed chain to the blue one and sat back with a beer :beer:
I hope you bring the blue one to the 20th meet fabs, i'm really looking forward to seeing it... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!