what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
fabiostar

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by fabiostar »

Pete.L wrote:
fabiostar wrote:took the red ones carbs apart to clean them as it was a tad ruff. and wombles can i get it to run on two for anymore than a few seconds :Argue 1:
Vacuum Pipe on the wrong spigot or split. Earlier tank and you turned the fuel tap off???

Pete.l
tried that pete. even tried the yellow ones tank. no joy.yet
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Spe4nt the day workin on Bloo doing the CCT swap for the neibough who bought it...All went well...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
podman

Post by podman »

Sold it...GSXR gone to a new home, I can get the Storm home when its been collected now.

[url]Image
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Rode it in the cold & damp to physio appointment...Bit slippy out but managed to stay upright for a change...

Improvment in movement noted new exercises given to do...

Got home rinsed the crud off put it away...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

MacV2 wrote:Rode it in the cold & damp to physio appointment...Bit slippy out but managed to stay upright for a change...

Improvment in movement noted new exercises given to do...

Got home rinsed the crud off put it away...
Your a braver man than I , well done for not falling off and keep up the exercise Image
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

I am still debating what Rear shock to buy, Feck I've looked at bloody loads.
Nitron, Wilbers, Hyperpro and Ohlins. No Remote preload but a reasonable make.

Sorry if i have PM,d you for advise but iam going nuts trying to decide. :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i've done feck all to mine, but i have recently rubbed down my mates bikes scabby old forks, took them back to bare metal, and today i started to paint them silver, i also removed and cleand his front discs, polished up all the nuts n bolts on the front end, cleaned the calipers, sadly the wheels are as scabby as the forks, not sure i have the energy to rub them down and paint them as well, i might just give him my black wheels, as i hope to be moving onto 6 spokes in the near future.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

I've decided on a YSS Paul, cheap-ish but will be better than stock and all I can afford after HMRC get their blood money :evil:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Mav617 wrote:I've decided on a YSS Paul, cheap-ish but will be better than stock and all I can afford after HMRC get their blood money :evil:

There £290 for the CBF. i am undecided what to get. Nitron look great and Ohlins basic seems a good price too. Not too keen on Hagon to be honest. Wilbers look great too.

Any comments form anybody on anything they have tried?
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

even managed to put something ON my bike today. a nice new talon rear sprocket :D
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

bigtwinthing wrote:
Mav617 wrote:I've decided on a YSS Paul, cheap-ish but will be better than stock and all I can afford after HMRC get their blood money :evil:

There £290 for the CBF. i am undecided what to get. Nitron look great and Ohlins basic seems a good price too. Not too keen on Hagon to be honest. Wilbers look great too.

Any comments form anybody on anything they have tried?
Have always fancied a Wilbers, bought an unknown model one to fit on the TRX but was out by a few mil. I'll let you know how I get on with YSS - they got good reviews by the Fireblade/Blackbird lot:

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/afterm ... shock.html

http://www.cbrxx.com/suspension-tires-w ... ock-3.html

Cheap, but reckon it's worth it, I won't know the difference on a shock costing £400.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I've been really pleased with my Hyperpro but to be honest i don't think you will be disappointed with any of the better makes. I nearly bought the Wilbers, it was a toss up between the two.
For your riding style if I was you I'd go for a minimum of two way dampening and remote preload because you do some touring and switch from one up to two up quite frequently.
oh, and don't forget to throw Penske into the mix as well :wink: Happy hunting :D

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Pete.L wrote:I've been really pleased with my Hyperpro but to be honest i don't think you will be disappointed with any of the better makes. I nearly bought the Wilbers, it was a toss up between the two.
For your riding style if I was you I'd go for a minimum of two way dampening and remote preload because you do some touring and switch from one up to two up quite frequently.
oh, and don't forget to throw Penske into the mix as well :wink: Happy hunting :D

Pete.l

Cheers, I've only been googling for 3 weeks :lol: i used to be indecisive, but now i am not sure :D
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Today I took out the bearings on the new six spokes so they can be left into powder coaters during the week.

Loving being back at these little things

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your

Post by agentpineapple »

StormyRob wrote:Today I took out the bearings on the new six spokes so they can be left into powder coaters during the week.

Loving being back at these little things

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
once you've had the powder coated mate, i'd reccomend fitting 90 degree tyre valves, make life so much easier when checking tyre pressures. i got mine from ebay
i bought these, but you can get cheaper ones, can't remember the correct size tho, i remember there being two sizes, not sure which is which tho doh!!!!!!!!!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw= ... acat=21669
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!