redpig

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by redpig »

Just finished a 12 hour shift on an 800 BMW, not bad bikes really,
ook
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

well i went to look at a storm today, for me occasionally and for my daughter to ride.

It was Teal and immaculate, well worth the money with the best extras, great suspension and CCT,s done however my daughter today has part exd her KTM for a Street Triple.

If you need a sweet low mile Storm thats a bargain i know of 1 going.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

more pit bike supermoto racing today... perhaps not ideal conditions with frost on one section of the track where it was always in shade!!!!!

Whilton Mill kart track near Daventry.... like a mini donnington :thumbup: but the slippy track made it a bit of a war of attrition.

I Qualified 8th in class, but went wide on the 2nd lap and was heading over the grass to rejoin the track when the bike decided to go in a different direction and high sided me off the back at about 30mph .. didn't see it coming but can feel it now!
race 2 was just about sun down so there was now condensation forming on the track and even with wets on it was sketchy..... I managed to stay on for 7th but my mate went for supersoft sliks and about 5laps in he hit the brakes at the end of the straight and the front tyre went out instantly and down he went at about 50mph.... he is ok!
2 other new lads ended up in the ambulance , one collarbone, one broken ankle.

so I take back what I said last time about it being painless to crash a minibike.....not at a fast circuit like this one!
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Still sounds like great cheap fun al :-)
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

decided to change the front wheel bearing on the red one.went grand.. ohh lets take the discs of just to clean them. well thank the god lord i did :eek2 :eek2 7 of the allen bolts holding them on came of in my hand :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 thankfully the rest of them just unscrewed out. so of to crack test my wheels today in work while nobodies in. handy having the use of an xray machine :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

AMCQ46 wrote:more pit bike supermoto racing today...

so I take back what I said last time about it being painless to crash a minibike.....not at a fast circuit like this one!
I'm sure I read somewhere that pelvic injuries were favourite on minibikes and pit bikes. Legs splayed out, knee digs in, pelvis separates.

On a more cheerful note.... It's been warm today. 10deg. Damp and slimy roads but a lovely thrash on the KTM.

The Storm is also looking good. It took a fair bit of heat but the rusty front wheel bearing finally gave up it's grip on the hub and everything is now cleaned up and reassembled with new bearings and seals and lovely captive spacers. Taper roller head bearings are in. New tyres are on. Eeeek. I may need to actually take out for a ride soon.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

copied CyberDarkCarl's solution to refreshing his carbon cans and gave mine 3 coats of heat resistant lacquer today and also lightly polished my 3rd set of headers and gave them a clear coat as well.

see how that looks when it is all cured

Fabio, I hope the Dymag is going to be OK

Kermit, with the little minimotos I can see how that could be the problem, thankfully the mini bike is about 5 times bigger..... and anyway, I ride the storm with my knees out too , so my pelvis is going to get it soon 8O
AMcQ
Watty

Post by Watty »

Looked at it with do and thought I must start it up sometime soon :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Watty wrote:Looked at it with do and thought I must start it up sometime soon :lol:
I did a little better than you then :wink: I actually started my VTR up :lol:

I was intending to strip out the rear sub-frame so I could re-paint it, but after looking at it, it wasn't a bad as I thought. So a little work, then a touch up with paint it should be okay for another season,

Chris.
Watty

Post by Watty »

sirch345 wrote:
Watty wrote:Looked at it with do and thought I must start it up sometime soon :lol:
I did a little better than you then :wink: I actually started my VTR up :lol:

I was intending to strip out the rear sub-frame so I could re-paint it, but after looking at it, it wasn't a bad as I thought. So a little work, then a touch up with paint it should be okay for another season,

Chris.
That was meant to say looked at it with CK! As we had him Immy and Jessica up for a couple of days :thumbup: Bloody auto correct!! Still didn't start the bike though :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Watty wrote: That was meant to say looked at it with CK! As we had him Immy and Jessica up for a couple of days :thumbup:
Nice one Andy :thumbup:

Chris.
Watty

Post by Watty »

Actually started her and ran her up to temp. Forgot how sweet she sounds :D
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
podman

Post by podman »

AMCQ46 wrote:more pit bike supermoto racing today... perhaps not ideal conditions with frost on one section of the track where it was always in shade!!!!!

Whilton Mill kart track near Daventry.... like a mini donnington :thumbup: but the slippy track made it a bit of a war of attrition.

I Qualified 8th in class, but went wide on the 2nd lap and was heading over the grass to rejoin the track when the bike decided to go in a different direction and high sided me off the back at about 30mph .. didn't see it coming but can feel it now!
race 2 was just about sun down so there was now condensation forming on the track and even with wets on it was sketchy..... I managed to stay on for 7th but my mate went for supersoft sliks and about 5laps in he hit the brakes at the end of the straight and the front tyre went out instantly and down he went at about 50mph.... he is ok!
2 other new lads ended up in the ambulance , one collarbone, one broken ankle.

Whilton is just down the road from me, drop me a PM next time(earlier notice the better) you go and ill try and pop along to watch, I rode Whilton some years back on a SM, fantastic afternoon out but as you hint, its a case of when not if, the pit bike malarkey does look great fun thou..
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

as the battery is flat, all i did today was walk past it as i went too and from work, it's bloody cold here at the mo, so i've no incentive to ride.. :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

That is bloody lovely :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: