what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
VTRDark

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by VTRDark »

KermitLeFrog wrote:Took the KTM out for a thrash this morning. Noticed it didn't seem quite as sharp as normal, very slight misfire at times. Didn't seem extra noisy though....

Wow surprised you didn't hear anything. When I rode from London to Birmingham for a dyno day I went over a speed hump and the front header pipe went on my storm. Broke at the cylinder head. Put it on the dyno for a laugh and got some good flames out of it, but then had to ride all the way back to London with it like that. By the time I got too the M25 it was so load it sounded like a Spitfire. :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

absolutely nothing, but i'm laying in bed planning my route for tomorrow morning..... :lol:
check the bike over first thing and then i'm off out to have some fun billy no mates style...... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

had a nice ride this morning, sunny and 20+ degree's, until 9.30am when I got stopped for speeding, I was doing 127kph in a 100kph zone, unmarked police cars as well. I was 16 mph over the limit, they're pretty strict over here, they were only there for the motogp at motorland aragon. normally there's nothing :roll:
on the spot 50 euro fine, no points because I have a uk license... :wink:
I ended up having a long chat with them, they told me they hate this part of there job, as they're both bikers, one with a ducati 848 the other a bmw gs 1200. I ended up shaking their hands, and they did a biker friend style hand shake, which was pretty cool of them.
I just hope they bugger off until next year, when I won't ride anywhere near motorland aragon ffs :(
I managed a few sneaky pictures :lol:

luckily they weren't interested in the state of my rear tyre :Eyebrows: :Eyebrows: :Eyebrows:
Last edited by agentpineapple on Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cybercarl wrote:Wow surprised you didn't hear anything. When I rode from London to Birmingham for a dyno day I went over a speed hump and the front header pipe went on my storm. Broke at the cylinder head. Put it on the dyno for a laugh and got some good flames out of it, but then had to ride all the way back to London with it like that. By the time I got too the M25 it was so load it sounded like a Spitfire. :lol:
tell me about it, I was riding with you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

me and my mates bike all tucked up for the night, i'm wondering if my bike shagged my mates bike, what a lovely colour their baby bike would be
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

agentpineapple wrote:me and my mates bike all tucked up for the night, i'm wondering if my bike shagged my mates bike, what a lovely colour their baby bike would be
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you seen much baby puke ?

:sick:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

that kid would be a lemon!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
KermitLeFrog

Dremel tool

Post by KermitLeFrog »

OK, I need a new "Dremel". Mine is very very old and now useless. Recommendations please! Will need all the cutting and abrasive bits as well.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
agentpineapple

Re: Dremel tool

Post by agentpineapple »

KermitLeFrog wrote:OK, I need a new "Dremel". Mine is very very old and now useless. Recommendations please! Will need all the cutting and abrasive bits as well.
nothing beats a real dremmel, I had 3 different dremmel copies before I bought the real thing, all the copies were crap, iirc my dremmel cost about £45 it was 3 or so years ago tho. you don't have to use dremmel attachments, I use the moody attachments, they may not last as long, but they sooo much cheaper it's makes more sense financially to use moody attachments
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

OK, so it's one of these:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dremel-4000-1- ... ool+dremel

or one of these:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dremel-3000-15 ... ool+dremel

Tempted to go for the 4000 over the 3000.

Comments?
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
MacV2

Re: Dremel tool

Post by MacV2 »

KermitLeFrog wrote:OK, I need a new "Dremel". Mine is very very old and now useless. Recommendations please! Will need all the cutting and abrasive bits as well.
I have this one...comes with a flexi hose thing very usefull, & a few bits.

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/crt40-4 ... -tool-kit/

Bit kits I have bought a couple from Aldi/Lidl...cheap but do the job. You have to treat them as consumables...

Maplins do a bit kits...buy it in the sale or look for it on offer.IIRC I paid £9.99 for one...

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/400-part-rota ... -kit-n63bx
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Hmmm, seems the Dremel 3000 gets better reviews than the 4000. Tempted by the Clarke...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

KermitLeFrog wrote:Hmmm, seems the Dremel 3000 gets better reviews than the 4000. Tempted by the Clarke...
Good bit of kit, not had any issues with it...

I think all these type of things you have to treat as a bit disposable really...I like the idea of a cordless one but the batteries don't last forever & thats what extension leads were invented for... :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I have the Dremmel 4000 kit. You will want a quick release chuck for it as it becomes a pain using the little spanner. The dremmel itself is awesome and I have put it through it's paces with some things that would have been better to use something bigger. I have managed to snap the cable inside the extension attachment though when I was doing some porting. I really should buy a new cable for that but haven't bothered yet. You will never get any real power from a battery operated device as convenient as they are.
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

battery ones are poo, I've tried them, stick to a corded dremel, they better than any other type of rotary tool, as mac said, get your attachments from lidl/aldi/maplins/ebay, all plenty cheap enough and up to the job.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!